View Single Post
PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-24-2020, 01:24 AM

Beautiful starlight shone down upon the frail young man, and he couldn't help but welcome the change from the harsh light of day. It felt ... peaceful, in a way incomparable to daylight. Despite the unpleasant task ahead, Eyre found himself smiling softly, his shoulders relaxing and his breathing easing. But all of that soon changed when the stars were obscured, their gentle brilliance hidden away by pure darkness.

Two points of bright light stared down at him, and that voice! Eyre took in a great gasp of air, and started coughing uncontrollably. He clutched at his chest, while still trying to support himself on the stone. Eyes shut tight, the blond tried to get his body to cooperate. He had to stop coughing, so he could answer the strange being who seemed to call the ruins home!

After what seemed like an interminable time, Eyre felt the pain in his chest ease, and he was finally able to look up again at the hovering being with a sheepish smile. "I came here in search of my staff, hidden by a pack of children. I apologize if I've disturbed your rest ..." He glanced at the ruins, trying to figure out what they might have been once upon a time. It seemed like a place made to observe the stars, with the opening up above, and yet nothing about it rang a bell. It must have been important once, long ago, but had apparently been forgotten with the inevitable passage of time.