Thread: Shot Me Down
View Single Post
NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 05-03-2014, 03:19 AM

Joey smiled slightly at what Andrew said, lowering his head when Jake was mentioned. Was it that obvious he was pining for the loss of a good friend, a lover? It had only been a few months, since he last sat with Jake, laughing, joking, kissing... He shuddered slightly, quickly blinking the tears that had formed in his eyes. "Don't mention it. I just... Well... You reminded me of him, you know? Like... A red-skinned version of Jake. I couldn't leave ya to die once I saw your horse. It was obviously a native's horse, so I knew you were innocent."

And Joey hated innocent people being killed and punished, especially when they were this young. He watched as the white horse, White Tide Andrew had called her, approached Night and the carefully sniffed each other. It was strange seeing his horse warm up to another so quickly, but then again, Night had never met a female horse before. He turned his attention to Andrew, who was washing himself in the spring. Joey wanted to join in, but thought it might be taken the wrong way if he were to strip and dive into the water next to the younger man. "I'll change them bandages at night. You need to keep hydrated. If your belly isn't aching, you should eat some more meat."