Thread: Shot Me Down
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-08-2014, 12:08 AM

Andrew nodded shakily, but didn't quite bring himself to look up fully. Instead he did what a misbehaving child did when their parents were searching for a broken dish or dirty clothes they said they'd washed---he took quick, side glances just to sate his overflowing curiosity, each lingering just a bit longer until he had to move. So he jumped up, regretting the sudden movement and hissing in pain as the open wounds on his back stretched and possibly opened, then set the snake meat on a relatively clean stone next to him. He could wash it, and the vegetables, in the water since it circulated the way it did. When he stood upright, Andrew looked at Joey. He felt his face heat and his body tingle, and to hide the reaction started gathering dry sticks and pulling bits of wood from the dead tree remains near the thriving one.

He bent stiffly at the waist to gather everything on the ground, tossing them into a pile to be burned. He didn't need flints or matches to light a fire---he'd learned when he was younger. Hopefully Joey would most definitely want to keep him around since he could be so useful. He'd learned things from his mother. "Um..." He glanced toward Joey, then busied himself with searching for the potatoes and carrots Joey had mentioned. "Um, I can... I can be pretty useful... I can ride for a long time... And sew clothes... And cook." He shrugged. It didn't make him sound very strong, but maybe it worked for Joey.