View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-16-2014, 07:05 PM

Saith was lost in drawing that he jumped when Mae came walking into his quarters. Embarrassed, he hid his half-finished drawing. There was no way he wanted to show her that just yet. It needed more work. The hair wasn't quite right. It needed to be darker rather than brighter. Not to mention, it looked a bit too puffed out to be right. Then were was her face. It was hard to really draw someone's face when you only ever saw it in shadows. The inn was poorly lit and the forest was even worse. He couldn't make out the right side of her face whatsoever. He recalled a mask made of lace but he didn't recall seeing an eye. Was there a green orb hiding behind it somewhere. He tried to picture her. He faintly recalled seeing two orbs. The lace must have really hidden it well.

While Mae was gone and Saith was drawing, he was also trying to think just how tall she was. They rarely stood that close and she had on heels. He tried to guess her height without the boot-like things. Given his height of 6-foot 2-inches, he presumed she was maybe 8-inches shorter, give or take an inch. His mind was trying to wrap around her size, too. She was by no means fat, but she wasn't skin and bones either. He was growing frustrated. Why was this drawing not shaping up right.

Then, of course, she returned. Had he really spent all those hours drawing? His blue eyes wandered to his two finished meals. Apparently so. He was dead set on catching this woman so he needed to draw out everything he could remember, even down to her necklace and cup size. He recalled that they were rather large and full. Probably a B or C, he figured more C than B.

Glancing up at his only key out of her, he put down the drawing and the markers he had between his fingers. She had come to a decision. Oh god, she was going to off him, wasn't she?! He knew he should have held his tongue. He always was a rambling fool, especially when his pride was on the line. He sighed, listening for his final death sentence.

When it didn't come, he looked the woman up and done, making sure his eyes weren't playing a trick on him. In fact, he activated True Sight. Again, she was real. The red orbs returned to blue and he sat back in confusion. He was allowed out and to roam around? And, upon her leaving, he could leave too? And he was receiving pay for helping the city out? It was really quite odd. Saith didn't feel like he deserved money and, quite frankly, why did he want it. Even if it was a prize, rather than coin, he couldn't take from this woman. He was so desperately trying to return something to her. Why take something away. It defeated his original purpose.

"I apologize for this unfinished sketch. I'm afraid it's been a while since my hands last had a try at drawing. Hopefully, the notes and picture will suffice, for now." Pushing the picture her way, Saith looked up at the woman, looking for some sort of affirmation that his drawing resembled what she saw the day before. He remanded seated. "Am I allowed to decline your prize, Fancy Title?" A small side grin slid onto his face. "I had hoped to come here to return your stolen goods, not take more items away." His eyes looked toward the door that would allow him to wander as he pleased. "Don't suppose I can get my clothes and gear back. I fear my strawberries will be gone if your guards keep them for much longer, assuming they didn't devour them already."

Saith noticed her try to suppress a yawn. It was around that time that he realized he, too, was tired. Looking to the moonlight that was starting to come into his window, he turned back to Fancy Title. "Where are you going?" He was referring to her comment about departing. "And who are you bringing with you?" Rising, the drow snapped one of the pencils clutched in his hand in half. As the fragments fell to the floor, his head snapped to her. "You do realize, as soon as you leave, I'll come back here and steal everything." His eyes lied. What he was saying was a lie. It became evident the moment a grin crawled onto his slender, dark face. "Guess you'll have to bring me with you." Well-trained eyes glided over to Mae. "I want her caught just as bad as you do, and you know it."