View Single Post
Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shit, that is the easy question.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:02 AM

Zane had been tense for the remainder of the class period. It wasn't until the bell had rung that he began to relax. He crumpled up his paper, grabbing his books as he got to his feet. He tossed the paper into the trashcan and wondered what class he'd have next.

"Good job, Zane. I feel like you'll be leading us off well this year in this class," Mr. Rainer said as Zane was halfway out the door. He was the last to leave.

He turned his head to Rainer and gave a curt nod. "Thanks," was all he said as he soon stalked off to his locker.

Once at his locker, Trevor met him there. "So first home game is Friday. You going?" Trevor asked him as if it weren't a big deal.

Zane furrowed his eyebrows as he worked at his combonation. "Why?"

"Because Madeira and I are going during half time."

"Since when did you go to the football games?" Zane asked as he opened his locker door, putting his morning class books away and grabbing his books for his next two classes. He glanced at his schedule to see what he had next. Sociology. He inwardly groaned. And then after he had Biology 3. Not too bad, he admitted. His morning classes were undoubtedly the worst.

"You mean to say you're not interested in the band playing? Or cheesepuffs and Mountain Dew Voltage?" Trevor asked him.

Zane closed his locker and began walking, Trevor following him as expected. Trevor had a point. "That'd be the only reason I'd go. And how long does half time last anyways. It'd be a waste."

"Please? Madeira and I don't wanna be the only ones there from our friends. No one else is going."

Zane rolled his eyes, climbing the stairs and growling at the Freshman before him to climb the stairs faster. "Fine. I'll go. I don't have to work at the tire shop that day anyways so I won't have anything else to do."

"YES! Thanks man." Trevor abruptly turned around and headed to his own class.