Thread: Knitting
View Single Post
Kilala Mikal

Old 02-20-2014, 08:07 AM

I just started knitting myself maybe a month ago. I picked up the "I Taught Myself to Knit" kit at Walmart. It comes with a book, 2 pairs of needles, a stitch counter, stitch markers, point savers (I think that's what they're called), a cable hook, and a weird looking giant safety pin-ish type thing that's supposed to let you save your work if you need your needle set for something else (I can't think of what it's called). The book's initial instructions were a little hard to understand for me, but I went to youtube and looked up the stitch that the book was talking about and picked everything up relatively quickly. I've just finished my second pair of wrist warmers today as a matter of fact. :) Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. Or at least from what I've tried making.

Although I have to say I prefer crocheting. One hook versus two needles? I'll take the singleton, please.

Anyway, if you wanna learn to crochet or knit (I think this lady does knit tutorials), look up Planet June. She is REALLY helpful. Her tutorials are very clear and easy to understand.

Good luck with learning! If you have any questions about knitting (or crocheting if you decide to check it out) feel free to ask me, and I'll see what I can do to help. :D