View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-16-2016, 12:21 AM

Rose wasn't so confident on that matter, "It is hard to say. No one will assume that I am... unscathed." She wasn't sure how to put it, her mother hadn't taught her much on the matter, bits and pieces of her duty to her husband, and only her husband. As a woman she was little without her purity and honor. "If that is the case my husband may refuse me and I will be settled in perhaps a more undesirable match, with a suitor who will overlook that." She didn't know why she bothered telling him, what difference did it make now? She doubted very much it would make him sympathetic to her plight, and his sympathy was worth very little to her right now. The only reason she trusted in her relative safety on this ship was because he needed her intact in order to send her home.

"I'm not saying my life is difficult, I know it is not, but there are things you don't understand." That was all she planned to say on the matter, it was all she could say.

===

Gerard groaned with the effort to get him upright, it didn't feel as comfortable as he'd like, sitting up seemed to strain his wound. As, it would figure he'd be out of commission right after their biggest haul yet. Couldn't be drinking with the men or basking in the glory on the main deck. The way he felt he wasn't sure he'd be able to leave his cabin before they made port. How was the captain and crew doing without him? Probably just fine, at least for now, but he was there to keep them in check and keep things running smoothly when the captain could not. Generally he wasn't too busy, they had a good crew, but with the abundance of drink and food they may be more rowdy than usual.

He couldn't see his chest from this position, but the lack of her complaining and any concern made him believe it was doing alright. The fever may have hit, but hopefully he had managed to stem off infection. He look up at her when she spoke, a grin on his face, "You're not the first woman to of done it, but ye are the first to apologize." He managed a weak laugh, the effort hurting him. He rarely took things serious, and with some fresh ale in him, he wasn't about to start now. After taking another drink, needing the ale to dull the ache, he held it out to her. "Only cure for a hangover is to never stop."