View Single Post
LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 06-16-2016, 04:01 AM

Clark frowned. "I told you, didn't I? That I would not harm you in anyway? What other aspect could I possibly 'scathe' yo-" He stopped, remembering of a queen who was revered for her virginity and purity when she came to the throne as the only ruler. Purity. Bah. A concept with judgment as it's focus. No one can be truly 'pure', although the princess seemed to be the number one contender for it. Never exposed to the outside world, with blind faith and contentment with their status? Well, to upper-class standards anyway, that seemed pure.

With a thoughtful look, he asked her, "Do you think people not of royalty are undesirable?" He wanted to see what he would say, steeling himself for an answer he may not like.

Ariel clicked her tongue. "I know this isn't the best position for you but stay with me," she clucked as she wrapped new bandages around him. Progress was slow, but that was to be expected on a less than sanitary pirate ship. He'll survive. With that thought in mind, she helped him lay back down on the cot. She snorted at his comment and shook her head. "I won't have any more, thanks though. I was a wreck the last time I heavily drank like that."Ariel shuddered at the memories. At least she found something different to do with her time other than serve to highly predictable people.

Was predictability such a bad thing, though? Before all this, she didn't think she could treat someone the way she treated Gerard right now. Even then, this was just your textbook cut, just a little bit worse.