View Single Post
Cora
Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-25-2014, 12:40 PM

“Took you long enough to get there” he said with a gruff, but there was not an unkindness there, he was calming down for the moment. He even chose to shed his monstrous appearance once more. Before long the giant of a man was once more looking at Vincent in a serious manner, “I was told, that if he tried to escape, I was to take him down. My orders where absolute, nothing I could have done would have stopped that. Trust me, I’m tired of living with her, with the endless orders of violence. I was not made for violence.

When Vincent asked him exactly what he would do if the two where to leave he looked thoughtful. “I was not given orders to fight you, nor was I given any orders to follow her.” He pointed in the direction of Blaire who was still kneeling on the ground, “I only trailed her because I knew it would draw you out. My suggestion, you are free to take it or leave it, but that girl wouldn’t stand a chance if a fight where to occur. On my orders I have no choice but to continue to trail you, but you are better off sending her somewhere safe for now. I won’t harm either of you unless I am ordered.

~~~~~~~~~~

Alice looked at Warren and although there was a sadness hidden behind her pale eyes a smile did play her lips. After all she needed to do was play her part until the bitter end and it was something that she would do. “So the prince does want to play again does he, my my I did tell you so” there was a playful coolness in her voice. She looked up at the ceiling and simply sent one last message to her master and loved one, “I love you master” and then she let herself be willingly blindfolded without even fighting the issue, after all she was crazy but she wasn’t stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A man sat alone in the darkness of a elegant chair, watching as the scenes played out before him. Alice had been captured, and he was inclined to let her die to serve his purpose and protect his identity. He had made the first move, sending his pawn into battle, and things were falling into place, one move at a time, it would be a game of chess between two players, two friends, or maybe not friends. How long had it been since he called anyone friend.

He heard her final words to him and laughed, it was a cold ruthless laugh. He had no room in his heart for love, but the foolish woman had done anything he asked of her in the name of love and that certainly suited him. He stood from his chair and went to the window, letting the moonlight shine on his palid skin,
He said it to no one in particular, “Your move Prince.”