View Single Post
Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕。)

Old 06-05-2015, 03:04 AM

He looked at her, as he listened to her words. To her comments and her accusations. He watched the way she reacted and sighed as she finished. "And that is why you are foolish" he said, "you assume and rush a lot. The story is not that simple, the beggar was the beginning. But not mine. You speak of the lack of a family...a home, parents and more. "

He looks away from him, "I was tossed aside to the streets when I was born....my parents did not want me or whatever the excuse. A baby left to be shuffled around from place to place before ending up back on the streets once more. I was taken in by the Vladamir house, given a home and a chance at life when they could have left me to die. So don't you dare speak to me about such beginnings."

This time his words had some bite, a chill to them. He sighed then continued. "None of us were given an option or warning on what would happen as a result of that beggar coming to this kingdom at all. By the following night pain struck each of us....pain that you can only dream about. The change took hold within each of us at that point, but none knew. The next day before any of us could get our bearings....your precious house of Cain attacked us."

The memories still fresh. "They intended to storm our castle and slaughter us if need be to get what they wanted. My mentor and I were there when they came in....he engaged them while he tried to get me to go for help. I was on the stairs when the very husband you speak of....which happens to be the owner of that sword that you carry with you...drove it through his heart without a second thought."

He frowns, remembering the feelings and the pain of that day. "Had it not for the power of the necklace, he would have been killed. I have little doubt others would have as well, plenty of our family had already fallen to blades such as that." He could feel a bit of sickness rise within him at the memories, "the lack of him dying at that attack saved our people and scared off your house."

He stood once more, running a hand through his hair, "my mentor was afraid...he wanted to leave, to protect both houses...but the Lady refused. To protect us and all we locked up the castle. We learned what had happened to us in that time. I do not make excuses, I do know that in that time the Lady of our house did darken in nature....her heart changed."

He turned to look at her, "she ordered the raid upon the house of Cain. That battle....I will never forget it.... Yes...innocent lives were lost, it turned into a blood bath which was not our original task. But we discovered something, your house was planning another raid upon our house...but this time...because of rumors and what happened, they planned to simply kill us all and take the house back." He closed his eyes once more, "they tried to kill us but learned they could not."

"They were proud and determined....most fought with honor but as the battle went on it got more and more wild.... I was responsible for some of the blood, but I never simply slaughtered someone. Life is to precious, far more than anyone realizes most of the time." He gently placed a hand over his heart, clenching it for a moment. "Even that is only part of the story."