Thread: Don't Hang Up
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-26-2018, 08:40 PM

Axel scowled, not the least bit happy with the answer he just received for his questions. "I'm sorry, what? I don't care if the package will get me into trouble. I want to know what's in it!" he hissed back. Jayde just looked at him with a nonchalant hip leaned against the building's wall. Although he leaned into the shadows, a light from above still threw sharp beams across his cheekbones. Despite the passion on Axel's face, his looked as closed off as usual.

"You don't want to know. Look, I'm glad you're worried and all, but it isn't something you should be concerned with. The package was just...insurance. In case things go south for me." The simple words made Axel throw up his hands with a groan.

"Worried!?" he scoffed, but his level of agitation made Jayde's words seem more true. "Jayden Nair, I've known you since you started getting into fights on the school yard. Just what sort of BS are you into right now!?" Axel dropped his arms to his side, wanting a smoke despite usually only leaning on cigarette's after a show. Maybe he should blame it on the tobacco smell in the air between them or the now quite dead butt tossed to the ground when he first confronted Jayde.

Stepping back, the tattooed man blended further into the shadows. "Sorry, but there's nothing that I can tell you. If you care at all about human life..." Jayde shook his head, knowing far too much of his real self was showing through. It was getting hard though with Axel in his face. He knew he shouldn't have agreed to the meeting, but he wanted to see the other man and he wanted to make sure everyone remained safe. "Look, just pretend you never saw me tonight. Forget that name, forget everything. I don't want you getting involved.”

Axel sneered as he stepped back. “Well, fuck you! I’ll do what I want to do!” Storming away, Jayde was left standing in the shadows, not sure what to do.