View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 01-31-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risque View Post

The tricky thing with juice is that you also want to retain most of the pulp since you want a good ratio of fiber to sugar, I think. Lots of store-bought juices (even the pulpy ones) just don't do it for me.

I'm so glad alternative milks are getting so popular. There are so many different uses for them. I totally agree with you in that soy milk just isn't that great for cereal while almond pairs amazingly well. I'm still used to coconut milk for cooking but that's just my exposure from eating at Thai Restaurants.

Hmm... milk in tea. I LOVE milk tea but I think most of the boba places use a powdered non-dairy creamer for their milk teas. There's no real store-bought equivalent of that. Any clues?

Will definitely look out for some oat milk though.
Yeah, I have that issue to sometimes. But I recently bought a blender, so now I make smoothies for breakfast and sometimes as a snack at night. :D So I get both the pulp and the liquid-ness of juice!!

I think the coconut milk they use in cooking is slightly different than coconut milk they sell in cartons. :O I've used coconut milk to cook before, but it usually came in a can and was separated. Like, the liquid would be on the bottom of the can, while all of the "meat" settled at the top. D: But in drinking coconut milk from a carton, it doesn't separate and it is nowhere near as thick!

Yeah, I love milk tea too! With boba!! :D
I went to a boba place back in Minnesota and asked if they could make it with a different type of milk (no dairy) and they said that they don't use dairy milk. Only a non-dairy creamer. :O Hmmm... Here in the USA they do sell non-dairy creamers... I'm not sure how "healthy" they are, though. D: When I went to the gym in Minnesota they had coffee with powdered creamer and I used to put it in my coffee most days. I did some research on the creamer, just for fun, and I found out that it's mostly made up of nothing but chemicals. :/

I think there just HAS to be some creamers that are not made of just chemicals... :( I just haven't been able to find any yet. D: (But in defense, I haven't exactly been doing much research on the non-toxic, non-dairy creamer.)