View Single Post
maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple Plan's song "Astronaut"

Old 05-02-2012, 08:58 AM

Mindy grinned and leaned back to launch her tale. "Well as you know the Robinsons, Westons, and Burtons left for the weekend as usual. Their kids have been driving the poor priest at the mission crazy. I decided several weeks ago to give him a hand. I told them I would take them on a camping trip if they would buckle down and learn some important stuff before hand. They agreed and promised to behave for me. So far it has worked. Today we hiked out behind town towards the words. We aren't even halfway across the meadow when the girls are all begging to make jewelry out of the flowers. I averted that by promising after our lesson. Then when we got into the woods, some of the boys discovered how sticks and swords are similar. Breaking up a few daring attempts to be heroes took some work. Then we got down to business and I showed them the actual plants they have been studying. They need to know which causes harm in what ways and which can do good in what ways. They are getting the hang of it. I think they have the basics now so we can go camping next weekend. They already practice fire building, creating paths, how to find their way using basic astronomy and clues in the forest, and finally how to identify different noises and critters in the woods. The only thing left is shelter building and nothing like experience with your own creation teaches faster the values of hard work. I am hoping it rains, just in case any skimp on their shelters." She winked at that. It had been a fun, if not tiring day. She had to ride fences tomorrow. Mentally easier, but physically just as tough. Looking over at Jessica she asked, "How's your day been sheriff?"