View Single Post
BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-28-2010, 06:31 AM

30. Under the Rain (4 years post Rome)

It was raining the day that they found out. Not a very auspicious beginning to a new life, but then again, it was Carmella and Max after all, nothing could go quite as it should.

"You bastard!" crash "you worthless piece of American shit!" bang "I'm going to shoot you" actual gunshot.

This of course being a normal day in the De Rosencourte - Kane flat in London. Even though they only lived in one apartment they'd long ago been forced to purchase the entire building as a measure against people calling the police when they pair had one of their daily blow out arguments.

Max dodged behind the coach, and rolled to the comfy chair. If he could make it to the coffee table there was a kevlar vest attached to it underneath, for just such an occasion. He loved Carmella, that didn't mean he wanted to die by her hand. "Mel. Mel baby" He began, but the bullet whizzing by his face told him that he'd chosen the wrong endearment for the day. He reached out and snatched the vest from under the table and suited up before saying anything else. "Mel, this is a good thing! We're going to have a baby!"

Carmella sneered at Max from across the room, where she saw him huddling behind the comfy chair. "This is not a good thing. We're not married." She said first, firing into the plaster behind his head, "I can't work if I'm pregnant," she added, pulling the trigger again, "I don't want to get fat," another shot, "and I don't even fucking like you." She finished, firing her last shot and letting her gun drop to the floor.

Once he knew that Carmella was out, Max stood to face her, but kept her hands raised. "You know Carmella, it's not all negative." He said, slowly walking toward her. "How many people have you killed? And me?" He asked her, as he came to stand in front of her.

"There's no way to know. Hundreds." She said flatly, not regret in her tone.

"That's true, and we've been been indirectly responsible for hundreds more." He said, sliding a hand down to rest on her stomach. "But we just made a life." He said, smiling down at his lover.

Carmella felt a smile tug at the edge of her lips but she forced it down. "Yeah, and it's going to be the most targeted child in the world. How can I bring a child into this world?" She asked, gesturing toward the window from which they could see the rain pouring down, making the world look bleak.

Max had to smile at Carmella, obviously already resigned to her fate. "My first baby! What a lucky woman you are to bear my first chil-" Max began before he was cut off by a blow to his head by Carmella. As he slumped to the ground Carmella let her land slide down to rest on her stomach, and she let herself dream of dark haired blue eyed girls. Or maybe Red haired, dark eyed boys. Even under the rainy sky, her day was now full of possibilities.

Last edited by BlackCart29; 11-28-2010 at 06:48 AM..