View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 09-02-2008, 01:45 AM

89. Through the Fire

"Yea," Putnar said quietly, "It hurts me too. But we can't fight them," He said as he looked back through the cafeteria door, "Not like this. We can't even hope to win." He walked her back to the secret door and proceeded to enter it, "We just have to escape and hope for the best," He was trying to be as positive as he could, but after the battle that they had just faced, it was hard. "Let's go," As he was about to turn down the staircase he had a thought, "You don't think that there's anyone else still out there do you, on our side." He wanted to get out of there, but he didn't want to leave anyone behind for the Bone Hounds. His hand tightened on his gun.

"That's fine with me. Stay safe Line." He spared a glance at Key and said, "Come along young SkyWalker, let Master Obi Wan show you how it's done," He skated off in the direction that all the clan members had gone. By the windows he could here the faint rumble of thunder. The metal covering the windows shook with the tremor. Line's idea to use bodies as a defense had been good but Soda liked the idea of cold hard steel before him and any possible bullets a lot better. He busted one of the sheets off the window and hefted it in one arm. It would do. He skated on, trusting that Key was a short distance behind him. He turned the corner into the kitchen

Putnar was completely thrown off guard when he saw the man come through the doorway. He would have recognized that moehawk anywhere, it was the sameway it had been styled when they had known each other, the same color too. He heard the metal clang to the floor as Soda realized in too. Putnar had resolved to pull the trigger once in this great mess and he wasn't going to stop now. He raised the gun and pointed the barrel at his old friend. "I can't believe you're one of them...Why the hell are you one of them!" He shouted across the room, the gun never wavering in it's aim, his hands weren't shaking anymore."They saved me, that's all I can say.""It wasn't supposed to be you!" Soda made to take a step forward but Putnar finally pulled the trigger. He shot Soda in the leg and sent him to the floor. "You got anymore of your sick friends back there? I'll shoot them too," He wasn't going to hold back anymore. He tore of the bandanna that had been tied around his arm and stomped on it's bright blue, the same color of Soda's hair.