View Single Post
Dreizehn
Void Walker

Old 08-12-2012, 12:32 AM

Edward had poured a second cup for Kendra, and brought it forward to set it upon the table. Whether the bombshell detective wanted it or not was up to her. Sitting down opposite of where Kendra remained, he steepled his fingers together as he listened to her report and nodding only once in acknowledgement where necessary. The findings were extremely minimal, but this was to be expected as they were just beginning to react to the news of this rebellion.

"We have no idea how organized these people are, nor any inkling of who their leaders may be or what they are developing." Edward took a sip of his coffee before continuing. "Kendra I trust that you'll find something more substantial. Although what you have found are mere clues to the bigger picture. The encampment gives us reason to believe that there could still be rebel forces in the area. If found, I'd like them brought forward to me for interrogation."

He was not a man that rushed his thoughts or actions as he saw no reason to. Always calculating and preferring to remain several steps ahead of the game, he was one that would take his time. One of the few that he felt respected this about him was Kendra herself, as he felt she had a kindred sort of logic about her. Thus why he had hand chosen her and put the request in to his father about utilizing her in the field. Not to mention that the svelte of build, and stunning female knew just how to use her appearance to work to her advantage. Another admirable trait about her that he had noted. Without a doubt, this one had to be a wildcat under the calm demeanor that she usually had in place. Having hidden the smile in his cup as he took another drink, he set it down and continued on with his thoughts on what to do next.

"The footprints... I recall that there was a Ms. Grey that was assigned the task of mapping out a section of the tunnels along with a few other of our operatives. Have we had any word back from any of them? If not, no matter." He shifted in his sit to relax back more. "It will be only a matter of time before someone comes across something else. Besides, with the number of unexplained disappearances on the rise it's only a matter of time before someone slips up and gives away one of their positions. They are only human after all, and humans naturally make mistakes." He was counting on it, after all the number of bodies that the rebellion forces had to be supplying had to be taxing them somewhat. "Kendra, in the meantime continue your investigation as you see fit. I trust that you will uncover something more. If possible, find and infiltrate one of their camps. Make yourself one of them for a short period of time. Anything for us to uncover more of what this secret weapon is and how we can better safeguard ourselves... Possibly even take it as our own."

He knew there was really no reason for him to have said the last part to Kendra as she would act accordingly to further their accomplishments. Perhaps it was just the feeling of letting her know in a manner that she held his full support. She had never disappointed him in the past after all the few times they had been allowed to work together. How would this time be any different?