View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-28-2017, 10:34 PM

The king and his advisors continued to talk for many more minutes, the conversations shifted from the pressing matters to more casual ones after not too long. It dragged the meeting out as well as Vasileios' patience. Did he kid himself thinking that Moira might be near enough to hear, just for his own benefit? She wouldn't try to kill him in front of so many people. She didn't have the skill or nerve. Telling himself that, his mind continued to wander until the meeting finally ended. His patience was gone. His boredom was high. Moira had to be listening. He needed that to bring color to his life again.

"We're adjourned then. There's nothing more to say until Porphyros makes a proper attack. Winter is coming so if they want to do it, they better do it now." With a shake of his head, Vasileios grabbed his cloak and strode out of the room, finding his servants and barking orders in quick succession, just outside the door of the meeting room, his voice carrying despite the fact that it didn't need to. "I'll be riding to my winter estate in the morning. Find me Callisthenes. We have things to discuss as I have no intention of bringing an army with me. This irritating talk can stay here at the castle!"

The servants scurried off and Vasileios allowed himself a brief smile before turned toward his quarters, somehow knowing deep in his bones that Moira would receive the message. Come attack me. I'm open. Then they would truly see who would win this game.