View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-09-2015, 01:45 AM

"You two will pose for some pictures and give some interviews before you board," the Black Suit said, motioning towards where reporters and their camera people were being ushered through the barriers. Brid felt her heart turn to ice at Black Suit's words and when she didn't move right away, the man-in-the-black suit grabbed her arm and started propelling her towards Takahiro. Brid numbly moved forwards as the clamor of the reports hit her ears. The clamor seemed to become deafening to Brid as all else faded.

"Miss Mckay, what will you do now?" "Brid how are you doing?" "Brid has it sunk in yet that your dad is gone?" "Miss McKay, do you have family to live with?"

Ten year old Brid shrank back from all the chaos, her eyes flashing around wildly, looking for escape. She turned one direction but there were more questions, more cameras, more strange faces. She spun the other direction but again she was met with the same.

"Are you alright miss?" Jenkins' concerned voice snapped Brid back to reality and she looked around to see him, Takahiro and the man-in-the-black-suit all staring at her.

"No reporters," Brid snapped icily, instantly covering her emotions.

"Excuse me?" The man-in-the-black-suit snapped, loosing his patient, genial mask.

"If he wants to talk to them and pose, that is his business," Brid replied frostily, glaring into the man's eyes. "I am not some performing monkey that you can parade in front of the paparazzi to your gain and pleasure."

The man-in-the-black-suit opened his mouth to protest but Takahiro's deep voice interrupted him. "How about we go get settled in our suites while you deal with the press."

The man-in-the-black-suit looked about to protest but he must have been able to tell that he wasn't going to get any where because he turned to handle the press. "Jenkins, show them to their suites," the man-in-the-black-suit said over his shoulder.

"It would be my pleasure," Jenkins says, as if it had been a polite request and not a rude command.

Brid turned to get her small duffel, when she had tried to use the excuse of not having the right clothes, she had been informed that she had a five thousand dollar account at her disposal on the cruise ship. She turned to find Jenkins pulling the bag out of the trunk of the limo.

Jenkins led them onto the ship and through the luxurious halls, until he opened a door. Brid stepped into her suite and her jaw dropped. There was a sitting area, complete with a grand piano. A staircase led up to the bedroom loft and off that was a balcony tub with curtains to shield and a daybed.

"Takahiro-sama's room will be right through this door," Jenkins said walking past the piano to a door and pulling it open. "Perhaps you two would like to get settled in your suites."

Last edited by Silver Storm; 04-17-2015 at 06:53 PM..