View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-22-2015, 05:38 AM

"Have you had anything to eat," Takahiro asked when Brid returned from washing her face in the bathroom.

"Not since the pretzels on the plane to Miami," Brid answered.

"Why don't we grab something to eat and then we can go relax by the pool," Takahiro suggested.

Brid agreed and Takahiro left for his room to change into his trunks. Brid pulled on her tankini and was reaching for a pair of shorts to pull on when she heard Takahiro's voice at the foot of the staircase. Feeling nervous, she called him up. His smile when he saw her in the swimsuit.

"That swimsuit looks amazing on you," Takahiro said. "Hey I got something while you were trying on swimsuits yesterday. I thought it might come in handy." He pulled a beautiful black and green sarong from behind his back.

"Its beautiful," Brid gasped reaching out to caress it. "But I couldn't."

"Why not?" Takahiro asked. "I just figured it would be great for wearing over your swimsuit and I thought you would look beautiful in it."

Brid thought that over and finally took the sarong, not used to receiving gifts. She unfolded it to find it was one piece of cloth, almost like a blanket. She had seen girls wearing them before, but realized she had no clue how they did. "I...um," Brid stuttered feeling her cheeks start to heat a bit with embarrassment.

"Not sure how to put it on?" Takahiro asked gently, with a kind smile. "I wasn't sure so I asked the clerk. Here, let me help you."

Moments passed, filled with awkward laughter as Takahiro tried to instruct Brid on how to wrap, twist and tie the sarong. Finally they were able to get it fastened into some form of a strapless dress, though the strap of her swimsuit top made it appear like it had straps. Finally Brid slipped her feet into the plain foam flip-flops she had brought. They were all she had, as she usually spent most of her days in cowboy boots.

Takahiro's dark eyes watched her and as if he could read her thoughts, he said with a smile, "We can swing by the shopping center after breakfast if you want and get some different flip-flops."

Brid, once she recovered from her shock, smiled shyly and nodded her head. She wasn't used to being read like an open book. Hardly anyone since her dad, had been able to or cared to find the thoughts and feelings behind the mask. It was as if Takahiro's hawk eyes could see straight through the mask.

"Ready?" He asked and at her nod, they left the suite, making their way through the ship to a small little cafe.

(Sorry that its shorter than usual. Its late and I really need to get to sleep. I have to be at work at 10:30AM tomorrow.)