View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 05-05-2015, 09:50 PM

Berit watched as one of them, seemingly the smallest and youngest member, took off just as quickly as he'd arrived at the hotel. She began to chew on her bottom lip, beginning to feel like perhaps this wasn't a good time. However, her logic was overrun by her strong feelings of, 'Oh no, it took me this long to find them, I am not letting them go so easily'. She watched as the young one left, feeling pity for him, they must be so tired of all the touring they've been doing, apparently.

She turned her head back at the other two and gave them a kind, apologetic smile. "I'm so sorry, I know I'm probably being a huge bother. You see... I don't want to interview you, I just have a few questions about a some of my friends that seemed to have gone missing after your concerts." She curved her eyebrows, looking worried as she spoke of her 'friends'. "I'm really concerned and I was hoping I could ask you some questions so I can help find out where they went."

She clutched her clipboard to her chest and did her best to appear sad and pitiful, hoping that the other two members of Opera At Midnight would, perhaps, take pity on her and listen to her questions and... maybe even answer them truthfully. That would make the whole investigation go much smoother.

"I'm so sorry I'm bothering you. But I'm very worried for my friends. I came kind of a long way to talk to you..."

- - - -

Adam started to follow Trey when Emil told the woman that he and Trey would head up to their hotel rooms, but as he was walking away, following Trey, he heard something that made him slow down a bit, almost to the point where he was frozen in his tracks...

Friends? The woman was asking for her friends. Adam's heart began to pound again and his mind went a million miles an hour. He was worried they'd been discovered and that this woman was going to kill Emil. He couldn't risk attacking her and reveal their secret, yet, he couldn't just walk away to his hotel room and leave Emil to die... if that was her intention. It was times like these when he wished he'd still carried that knife in his pocket.

He listened to their conversation for a little while longer, then decided that he should just walk away. He went up the stairs, climbing them as quickly as his feet would take him and he approached his hotel room even quicker. His hand hovered over the door as he held his key... He wanted to go inside, just lock the door and start playing his instruments, just shut the world out behind his eyelids and get lost in music. But his worry for his friends' safety couldn't allow him to do so. He pulled his hand back and shoved his key back into his pocket.

He walked with his head down over to Trey's room and knocked on the door, loudly enough that Trey could hear, but gently enough that no one else could. "Trey...?" He spoke softly, "Do you mind if I come in?" He backed away from the door and waited for a response.