View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-30-2014, 08:54 PM

"Ahh. So let's all just die here and now," drow head up an arrow to Kevlar's temple. Of course, the knight didn't falter for he knew it was just going to go along with what the priestess was talking about. "The point is to live. L. I. V. E."

A pat came to his back and he watched as the brunette beside him rose. "Let is go, Saith. There's no point in arguing with her. It will only make things worse. She'll do as she pleases, when she wants, just as we shall do." His hand balled into a fist and his teal eyes laid on that clenched fist for a while. "I think we should just worry about our own hides. If one needs help, we shall offer it. None shall get left behind and we'll work as a team." Looking down at Saith, Kev smiled. "If you can protect me, I'll protect our priestess." Both males nodded, agreeing that they would assist one another. Perhaps a bromance was forming? That morning, one might not have believed something to be possible but it seemed as if the strange turns of events worked in the human and drow's favor.

"And you don't have to worry about us recklessly throwing out lives on the line." Since he was standing, Kev towered over Mae. His shadow even cast darkness across his pale features. "If we were dying men, we would have perished back there. We both have dreams and things we want to see through. A hero knows when to preserver and knows to never give up. Life is the one thing a hero stands to protect. Losing his own just proves that he was not cut out for the role." Dipping his hand down, he aided Saith to his feet. A part of Saith wanted to speak but Kev did such a great job at filling in all the missing pieces.

"Where are we heading?" His hand moved to his eyes as Kevlar scouted the area. "We should probably make certain we stay true to the direction in which our destination lies. Wouldn't want to end up lost." Looking over at Saith, he smirked. "Can drow even get lost?"

"Shhh," Saith whispered and pointed in Mae's direction. Walking away from the tree, the two men finished off their conversation. "If not careful, yes." Pulling the soles of his boots back on, he looked down at the elf and then to Kev. The horses looked beat. Perhaps they would walk for a bit and then take to riding again? Saith was okay with this idea for his rump had grown sore from the continuous trotting.

"Are we lost?" Kev looked serious. He had never been this way before, that much was clear.

"I could get us back to the bridge if we needed, but I think that foolish. Our best bet lies ahead of us. I know there's a city beyond the forest." Biting his lip, he looked around the forest before signing. He moved further from Mae and pulled Kev in close. What he had to say now was in a whisper to insure the priestess wouldn't learn of the truth."This woods is home to me." He didn't dare look back up at Kev for he knew the man's sturdy jaw would be on the ground. "Yes, I knew some of the drow we dealt with."

"Were they--" Kev was cut off.

"No. My mother is the only drow I'm related to. But we lived with drow in the woods for a while. These drow have a deep hatred of elves, which is why they went after Mae." Rubbing his arm, he looked over at Kev. "They tried to kill my elven father, too. But mother wouldn't have it. She fought them all off and the two of them fled." Hand moving to his heart, he sighed again. "I left shortly there after as I knew I couldn't stand either kind - elf or drow."

What came next surprised Saith to the point that he froze. Kev's strong, humble arms came wrapping around him and drew him tight. Hugging the drow, the human gave Saith a firm pat. "I was wrong about you," he hushed, "and I'm sorry."

Finding comfort in one another, the two men decided to nap as well. If trouble was approaching, Ruine would whinny or Saith's ears would pick it up. When Mae started to stir, that's what woke Saith. Gently, he poked Kev and the two rubbed the sore from their butts before waddling over to the Sun Priestess. Kev mounted his horse but Saith walked beside the two. He objected to riding because he was sit of feeling cramped up due to sitting.

Now that Mae was awake again, Kev could inquire about their destination. "My lady, where are we heading?"

Last edited by Xavirne; 02-04-2014 at 08:17 PM..