View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-31-2014, 08:45 PM

"Leave the black market stuff to me. I know some shady folks who we can trust. Let's just say they owe me." Saith nodded at his own statement and then smiled slightly. He loved how quickly he reacted, so much so that Kev didn't even have a chance to digest what was happening. He didn't mean to steal any thunder, but he felt it was important to get that tidbit of information out of the way. Being of shady nature, it only made sense that Saith knew a friend or two who could help them out. God, it had been a while since he last saw them. He wondered if they would even recognize him. Then again, he was their 'nephew.' Could they really forget him? Or better yet, would they really betray him? The thought made him scoff. There was no woman more frightening than his mother.

It was odd that she had come into his mind now. Was it the fact that the field before them was where he used to play as a child? Or that the rocks behind the trees is where he learned to hunt from his father? The thought of being home was bittersweet. A part of him wondered if his parents still lingered in the shadowy woods. The other half of him was too afraid to return home. What would they think of him now? Would they be proud? Would they be ashamed?

Saith was ashamed. Had he just learned to listen, he might have grown up differently. Instead, he let his blind hatred lead him down a dark path. For years, he was alone and miserable. Only after discovering the village that laid at the foot of Mae's temple did the drow find himself at peace. But was it really peace? Or was it just misplaced feelings?

His arms wrapped around his chest. Rubbing his arms, he wanted to just run away from the place. He hated how it made him feel. Riddled with guilt, he pleaded to leave, but Kev turned down the idea. They needed to eat again before sinking deeper into the forest.

When Kev asked about the land, Saith simply changed the topic to something he was questioned earlier. "I still prefer my tree, by the way. Beds are too soft for me." Falling silent again, he waited impatiently for Kev to cook up a light meal. They would eat four times today since there was much traveling to be done.

With the knight prepared the meal, his eyes kept looking in Saith's direction. He noticed something was off about the drow. His usual nonchalant aura was gone. He seemed... depressed? Or maybe grim? Coaxing Mae down so that he could whisper to her, human asked her for her thoughts. "Priestess, have you noticed a change in our drow? His demeanor has shifted toward one of... woe and sorrow? Those blues of his seem to be tormented by something. Did we do something wrong?" Looking back at Saith, Kev sighed. It was depressing to just what the white-haired guy. He looked so small. So frail and weak in this light.

"Is it because this place is his home?" Eyes widening, he bit his tongue before looking away from the Sun Priestess. Shit, he cursed himself. He wasn't supposed to let Mae know that this was Saith's homeland. And there he went and opened that can of worms. Biting his tongue, the brunette hoped Mae missed the statement, but he knew she hadn't. The knight also knew that such vital information shouldn't be kept from her. Unable to sway his gaze from the small fire, Kev just waited for whatever came next.

Last edited by Xavirne; 02-04-2014 at 08:17 PM..