View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-04-2014, 11:20 PM

She opened mouth to point out that Silver Mage had already taken care of it, but then chose to thank him instead. Double the caution and few more pairs of watchful eyes and ears in the web of intrigue would not hurt, would it? Surely, they would not manage to keep the matter quiet for forever. Most likely, small town near temples were rumoring right now and by time they reached Fargh'on, news of situation probably will have reached there as well. But maybe they would be a bit more lucky and rumor wildfire would not spread as quickly or grow so exaggerated. However, her 'plan for worst, hope for best' mentality didn't let her lock out worse scenarios.

Priestess watched change in Saith, how he grew quieter and more distanced. Not so much from them on purpose as getting lost in thoughts, it seemed. And those thoughts upset him. He even asked to leave sooner, but Kevlar would have none of it, whereas Mae wasn't opposed to it, just didn't want to get in another episode of bossiness. Despite how it may seem, she didn't always find it enjoyable to order others around. Well, sometimes it was satisfying, that she had to admit, but not on every corner.

Still, how drow was changing worried her and she decided to inquire later, as discreetly as possible. He was still enigma to her in some ways, elf was not sure what would not offend or hurt him further.

When they stopped, Lacrimae offered to help knight with cooking. Now that Raenn was here with some of the food supplies it was easier task. As she chopped up some ingredients, Kevlar motioned for her to lean in slightly and so she did. At inquiry, her eyebrows furrowed. "I do not think he cannot hear us, and whispering makes it look all the worse," she murmured softly in reply with a sigh. "But, yes, I have noticed it."

At Kevlar's guess, she shot him sharp, questioning look. Ah, just when had they gotten so friendly and shared back-stories? While she slept? And why did knight look as if he deeply regretted sputtering this? Why would Saith hide this from her? So she wouldn't go about lecturing him about values of family and kinship? It did show some things from a new angle, however, and Mae wished she had known sooner. She shook her slightly head in disappointment - at both of them, really. "As you seem better informed than me, I cannot make a sure conclusion, but I do not think it is our fault," she quietly replied, not quite whispering anymore, but not as loud as normally.

They finished cooking and with her meal, she sat down next to Saith. "How are you feeling? What is bothering you?" she inquired in soft voice, looking sideways at the dark skinned man. "Just be honest, please. I will not bother you with more questions if you do not wish to speak." This was best she could do for now - let him know she would listen if he wanted to talk. Although priestess doubted he would. Wasn't he kind of a loner, really? Perhaps eventually he could get used to having someone as a comrade, though.

Last edited by sadrain; 02-05-2014 at 09:15 AM..