View Single Post
Maichanz
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Maichanz

Old 06-29-2007, 03:09 PM

I would recommend Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris if you're in to the whole fairytale concept. :) It was described as "Part comedy, part love story, part everything but the kitchen sink" in the subtitles.

Online, I found this description:

"It’s a modern fairy tale with a bunch of clever twists. It’s a comedy in several acts. It’s a
spoof, it’s a farce, an adventure story, a mystery or a love story, call it what you will. Above all it’s fun! It takes place in a long ago far away kind of magical land, but has a jaunty, witty tone."

From what I remembered, the suggested reading level was either 10 or 12 but in my opinion, even if you're 20, you could still enjoy this book. That is..if you enjoy fairytales and all. :wink:

This was someone's review of the book:

"Once Upon A Marigold was a book full of romance and fairytale.I loved it!It was a thrilling book. Jean Ferris did a great job of explaining the detail and feelings of the characters. I could actually imagine the pictures in my head. I got so into it. I couldn't stop reading it for a single minute.When I went to sleep I had a little flashlight and I wouldn't stop reading it! "

And I couldn't agree more! :D

It's cute and enchanting! For me, I can read it over and over again and never get tired of it. I hope I sparked at least one person's interest! :wink: