View Single Post
Cora
Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-22-2013, 12:16 AM

Colin took in the words the man had spoken, as well as his actions. For a moment he said nothing, simply letting the mans words, as well as his actions sweep over him. Each one was carefully taken into consideration, had the death of pollyanna been nothing more then a mere accident? There was a sense of in the very least partial truth in that. From the facts he had found before the trial it seemed rather likely. It was also likely that none besides the one man had any involvement.

So then why was he hesitant to let the blonde man go. When the man glared at him there was a moment when colin's silver eyes met the dark one's of the man in front of him, and suddenly he knew. He knew what it was he had seen in the man's face earlier, what had bothered him. There was hatred there, and not the superficial kind, but a true dark hatred. Collin found himself looking away rather quickly, unable to bear the burden of such hatred, and yet it was his to bear. The shambles of a kingdom his father had built. A kingdom of hatred or of fear, but not one of kindness and hope. Kindness and hope no longer existed in the land of Naleria.

Colin did some quick calculating for a moment, taking in the actions of the whole group and not simply just that man, as well as the facts laid before him. He held himself together, not realing from the overwhelming fear and hatred. He placed his fingertips together and leaned his chin against them in a sort of deep thought. Finally his spoke to the crowd which had grown silent in anticipation, each one with baited breath. "I shall deliberate over this a bit more, in the meantime, return the prisoners to the jail cells. In one hours time we shall once again conveign here in the throne room for final judgement"

Colin then stood and exited through a small door to the left of the throne room, to a small sitting room where he leaned back against a small chair trying to wrap his head around the situation. One thing was for certain, none of them deserved death, nor should he deal it so lightly as his father. After a long moment he looked towards the door where he knew a servant was always stationed, if his theory was correct it would be Gastov again, "Gastov, please enter"

A small girl entered the room, "I'm sorry sire, Gastov went to take care of your mother. She was feeling a bit feight, no doubt its her sorrow sire"

"Abigal, no that's quite alright, please my dear, enter" the girls cheeks had gone a rosey shade of pink at the Prince adressing her so, "I need you to go bring me one of the guards if you would"

"Oh yes sir, right away sir" she squeaked and then ran out of the room. Surely he was going to have to work on this fear. She did soon however return with a palace guard,

"Ah good, thank you abigal. One more favor to ask, if you would be so kind, have the kitchen's bring me a pot of tea if you would. I am feeling a bit peekish myself" he then turned to the guard in the room. "Please, if you would, before I deliberate any more I should like to speak to the silver haired man from before. Without the audience this time, I fear we may have put him on defensive, something that was never my intention. Bring him here, with guard of course, but I do wish to speak with him in a less public setting. He may not know much about the murder itself, for clearly the man is innocent of such a crime, but he knows something of the group"