View Single Post
Cora
Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-22-2013, 09:51 PM

He nodded to the guard who had brought the man before him, "Thank you sir, you are dismissed," He knew the guard would wait just outside the door, after all at this moment with the death of the king so fresh in everyone's minds, his death would be a burden to bear, that is, if anyone truly cared. Many probably believed that the whole family should be wiped out, but Collin did not intend to die easily, and the guards did not intend to lead him down this path.

He waited, patiently while the man adjusted to the situation, watching him through silver eyes. If the man was afraid of Collin he was doing a good show to hide it. Collin closed his eyes for a moment at being addressed so but then turned them once more on the criminal in front of him. He waved a hand towards a chair across from where he sat, "Please, have a seat, I've ordered Abigal to bring up some tea which should be here momentarily"

He once more placed his fingertips under his chin as if contemplating the best way to start the conversation with the other man, after all, for as much hatred as the man felt towards him, he did not return this sentiment. He did not blame the man for his anger, his hatred. He did not blame any of them for turning to a life of crime, surely that was better then following a man like his father. After a moment he said, "You can relax, I do not believe you are guilty. In fact quite the opposite, I believe you where in the wrong place at the wrong time"

He sighed deeply, "But I do wish to talk with you for a moment none the less. The other men you were with at the time of your arrest, should I be concerned for the safety of the citizens if I let them back lose on the world, barring of course the one man. He shall have to be detained, accidental or not, he did create circumstances by which accidental death could occur."

By this time Abigal had returned with the tea. When she entered the room her eyes immediately fell upon the silver haired boy and she let out a squeak and jumped, very nearly dropping the pot of tea on the ground. "Please place that on the table, thank you"

She made her way across the room where she shook the entirety of the time. It was clear that she was afraid of both the prince and the other man in the room. The tea kettle bounced on the tray that she shook between her hands. And then it plopped right off the tray, spraying herself, Collin, and the silver haired stranger with tea. Thankfully as some time had passed it was no longer scalding, but they remained covered in tea non the less.