View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-21-2016, 03:22 PM

At Eleanor's comment, Fritz turned his gaze away. She was right. He was the outsider; the least he could do was get checked by the strange children.

When he came back clean, he set his eyes back on Eleanor. There was nothing mean about it. He just wanted to see what she would say. Much to his surprise, she didn't seem too phase about his extra pieces. She even had a semi-decent comment regarding it.

Melik was all for getting scanned but decided he probably shouldn't cause more concern for the woman. Instead, he gave Fritz a friendly wave before hopping along behind Eleanor.

He wanted to jump on her too but knew he was way heavier than either of the twins. Instead, he just laughed before skipping over to pet one of them. "You're cute," he said while nuzzling the sister. When the other brought up his tooth, Melik's eyes went wide. "Whoa," he gasped, "I'm kind of jealous. I wish the tooth fairy came to visit me." He wiggled his nose. "On second though, I don't want to have to remember that pain again." His eyes spaced out. "Yup. Adult teeth are way better."

The twins eventually left Eleanor's side and the woman addressed the other survivors. Melik gave a firm nod, as if he agreed completely with Eleanor's assessment. He wanted to comment about how Fritz was really nice but wasn't sure that was a wise idea.

Looking over to Eleanor, he nodded. "Sleep sounds wonderful. Too much excitement for one day." There was wry grin on his face as he followed her into the next dark room.

"OH MY GAWD," he couldn't control his squealing. Zipping to her, the male welcomed the invitation. After they settled down, he eventually opened his mouth to speak.

"Fritz has... he's always been different. I know he says he traded me for money but... that's not true. I'm plenty rich. If he wanted money, all he needed to do was ask. If he traded me, there had to be a sound reason. He probably knew something I didn't." A smile grew on his face, she could likely feel his cheek muscles shift. "And if he did bring in others, I know he would have brought in the sick. Fritz has always been able to sense those who are on their last leg. Already condemned to death, why not make them experiments. If they lived, they bested their odds. If they died... well, it was inevitable at some point."

A yawn gripped his jaw. "In due time, you'll learn to trust him. And forgive him. He's unbelievably powerful--not something you want to hear I'm sure--but he can be turned. Nyx is the perfect person for the job. She'll show him that we're not the bad guys and that what he did was wrong. He'll warm up to us and, when he does, he'll be a valuable asset. Someone you will trust."

"All life is precious," he said with deep concern. "To think otherwise means you've already given up. Find something to fight for, to prove, and you'll realize that all life is precious. All life has meaning and worth. You just need to discover yours."

Her comment about stopping bloodshed drew a small smile to his face. "Then protect. It's the path I walk." He would come back to this comment later. Right now, she seemed forced on speaking on Eleanor's behalf.

"There is no need to justify her actions. Any good leader would have done as she did. She seeks to protect, though her means are unorthodox. She puts up a hard front but I can see the sadness in those olive colored eyes. She's worried, as are you."

Taking her hand, he placed a tender kiss on it. "Henceforth, Nixie Baader, I shall be as you wish me to be. My contract broke with Melik the day I traded him in. A man without a contract is just a murderous wanderer. Bound to you, I can no longer do as I please."

Dropping her head, he fell to one knee. His arm crossed over his chest as his head bowed. "I, Fritz Kent Germain, please thy allegiance to you."

As his head rose, his cyan eyes locked with hers. For a second, there was a flash of white in his eyes. The moment it came, it went.

Rising, he brushed the dust from his knee. "I now live to serve you. You tell me to jump, I ask how high."

With that change of command, he crossed his arms over his chest. "About Eleanor," his jaw hung ajar for a moment, "give her a reason to believe. Fight hard. Make her dream a reality. You seek to protect. Protect her dream. Protect her people."

His eyes seemed distant as he spoke. His thoughts were clearly elsewhere as a bittersweet expression washed onto his face. He was thinking about the day he joined Rroy. How he promised he would protect the man at all costs.

Fritz scoffed. It was funny how he was so bound to his code. Everything about it was perfect, sans one thing. No where in the code did it mention cheating or lying. Although he claimed loyalty to Nyx, he was still technically bound to both Rroy and Melik. Melik's tongue would supersede her commands. Though he knew there would never be a time where he would be forced to pick between Melik and Nyx. They were alike--both desiring a world without bloodshed.

"So," his head lazily looked over his shoulders down at Nixie, "what shall we do now?" He noted the bags under her eyes again. "Perhaps it is wise that you catch up on much needed sleep? I can prepare an herbal tea to ease your worrisome mind."