View Single Post
M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 10-11-2016, 02:21 AM

Yay posts :D

I've gone through a handful of night shifts now and thankfully don't have trouble sleeping through the day.
Thankfully my place is relatively quiet and the privacy pop really helps block out a lot of the sunlight.

One thing I have noticed is that even if I get a decent amount of sleep before my night shift (like 7 hours) I always feel sleepy around 3-5am during my night shift. Thankfully I almost always get to nap close to an hour during night shift.
One night I only had an 8 hour night shift so I got to sleep for around 9 hours before hand but I still wanted to nap during my night shift break.
That never happens to me during the day even though I get roughly the same amount of sleep (6-7 hours).

Siipu: It's great that you have an easy time sleeping. It's also good that you already have experience with night shifts, so it won't be a big adjustment when you do night shifts as a nurse.

hummy: Ya, if you are a permanent night shifter you end up doing things during the day on your days off. The benefit is that it should be easier to book appointments on your days off if they fall on a weekday.
If you are booking appointments that fit in your usual schedule does that mean they are either early morning (like 7-9am) or late evening?
I have heard that blackout curtains are great. I was leaning towards getting those but I bet that installing those would have been more difficult than this privacy pop.
Hahah ya, always working night shift would make you feel like a vampire!