View Single Post
yanyan13
im holding somethin long & hairy

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-08-2014, 06:03 PM

hai gaiz :D so most of you have probably already seen (and used?) that extra theme Menewsha Style (dev). We'll be pushing the changes from that theme to our regular themes, so it would help if ppl could switch to that theme for a little while and let us know if you see any bork, particularly in the header and footer areas.

header = area from top of the page down to the dashboard (blue line thinger with links)
footer = area from the copyright bits to the bottom of the page

Also, we are not responsible for anything that happens to you while using the dev theme, nothing serious like accounts 'sploding will happen, but panties will be stolen, foods will go missing, etc etc

edit:
oh and there will be reward: anyone who finds bork (that we did not catch) can choose to be changed into any creature or item they want. they will be changed back when i remember to change them back :D
dis ^ is on hold for now, fixing a bunch of stuff atm, and when i fix one thing, it breaks 1million other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanyan13 View Post
to lessen teh confuzzles, what we're looking for is stuff like the avatar being out of its normal position, ie. instead of at the header, it mysteriously flew to the bottom left of the page; or links being screwy in position, ie. instead of floating on the right, they decided to live different lives and scatter all over the page; or stuff overlapping other stuff

there could also be layout differences due to browsers like Kat mentioned re: safari

also, note that there WILL be subtle differences on IE, like a few pixels being off, I don't consider those layout bugs; but please do report them if you think the difference is too noticeable/ugleh

also also, other pages might have bork in them, ie. user control panel (my account link), contribution items shop, marketplace, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanyan13 View Post
done borking today, keep in mind i haven't checked most of the layouts yet so bork hunting is off for now, there will be bork most likely on:

- some forums/subforums
- on internet exploder, the forum boxes could be screwy there, i havent checked yet

@chexala - yeah atm that's the only solution i could think of, lol

remember, if you see layout bork, try refreshing first; if that doesn't work, clear your browser cache (only clear cached images and files, no need to clear the other stuff)

and one more thing, users who resize their browsers/use tablets should notice that the bork in the body of the page is gone now, i'm working on getting the site to be responsive (so if you resize or use a screen smaller than 1000pixels in width, the layout wouldnt explode)

have a good weekend all, remember, donate all your panteis to me.
known issues:
- content box is bork when browser is resized, first caught by Kat, screenie by wishie http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showth...post1772950638
- big spacing on the main menu (home, etc) http://www.menewsha.com/forum/showth...post1772950638

---

previewing upcoming changes:

You need to view the site using Menewsha Dev Style, just scroll to the bottom of the page and pick the style from the dropdown.

Last edited by yanyan13; 04-30-2017 at 04:20 PM..