View Single Post
Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 02-02-2019, 01:49 AM

Lea took a few moments to steady her emotions at least enough to answer the older shinigami. "We had a fight.." She murmured, unable to fight back much of her tears just thinking about it. She'd never seen him wearing such a painful expression before, even if he had only been her partner for two weeks. "We had an assignment, it turned out to be an old man. He was sick, and he didn't have a reason to live. You could see it in his eyes." She sniffled some. "Jason.. He wanted a reason not to take his life. I told him that letting the old.man live would've be been cruel. " Lea went on, trying to stiffen her sniffles and wiped her eyes. "In the end, the old man smiled at me, like could see us. Which isn't unheard of but.. I snapped. I told Jason it was our job to free then, and that to stop acting like he was still human." Lea buried herself in her friend as the tears came bsck.

"I can't believe I said something so cruel.. He's only been one of us for two weeks.. He's basically a newborn and I might've just destroyed whatever relationship we had!" Was she being a tad over dramatic? Possibly. But she deeply cared for her partner, like having a younger brother, and the last thing she ever wanted to do was hurt him!

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~° ~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Arael bit his bottom lip after he spoke, and watched Silas. Crap! What was he thinking, saying something like that to a superior? Well, now he has to think of an answer. And not just a half hearted one. He lowered his eyes to the cup on the table and stared at the tea inside. His reflection almost looked like it was frowning, but he noticed his wings which didn't seem to matter right now.

After taking an extra moment, he raised his eyes to look at Silas. "They deserve a chance.." He said quietly. "Please.. I trust you more than anyone here." He spoke in a quiet tone that matched that of the older guardian. He closed his eyes briefly and folded his wings but left them unsealed for now. "They might take my license, and my wings might turn grey, but in my heart- I feel it stronger than an urge to guard my first human. My destiny starts with brining our kind together."