View Single Post
MintyRey
N00b

Old 10-05-2011, 09:34 AM

"Orcadené? Might you be from Orcade?", Samuel asked with genuine interest. "That's the only kingdom I know of where members of the royal family have that surname."
Growing up in a political setting, Samuel had to learn a lot about the snow covered territories of Zhima and its neighboring kingdoms. Despite having four other brothers who could inherit his father's position as Duke of Zhima Kruzhevo, all of the children were expected to have adequate knowledge of worldly matters. This wasn't to say that Samuel knew everything there was about all the countries in the realm. But it did help to know at least one detail of any dominion. His job did entail visiting and meeting with other nobility for political and economic reasons after all.

By now three other guests had arrived and each had gone off to find their rooms. One of them even had an assistant carry her things for her. This reminded Samuel that there wouldn't be any servants attending to them while they stayed for the month. So it piqued his curiosity when the scent of food wafted by from the kitchens. 'Will we be doing the cooking ourselves?', he worried inwardly. 'The only recipes I know of are stews or anything you could roast over an open fire. I hope nobody minds eating charcoal, heheh...'