View Single Post
a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 10-05-2014, 01:44 AM

By and large, the main emotion coursing through Tehra was an unsettling confusion. She wasn't used to not knowing what was going on, and it made her rather uncomfortable to be in such a position. She listened to every word Labyrinth said, finding it rather easy to listen to his voice. It had always been pleasing over the earpiece, but in person? It was very calming.

Her eyes couldn't seem to choose to focus on one thing; the data constantly changing on the screens fascinated her, as did the being standing before her. At his gesture to the screens, however, Tehra focused on them. The images of the base were increasingly piquing her curiosity. Her mind was already working at incredible speeds trying to piece the mystery together, but it would do little good until they arrived. She had to admit, she was very interested in this case as well as her partner.

She listened to all of the words he spoke, processing it at unusually high speeds, even for an agent. Tehra was rather unflappable, and even when things surprised her, she found it rather easy to maintain her composure. She supposed it was a compliment that they'd found her to be the most mentally stable, but it didn't bode well for the project.

After all, if they needed someone incredibly stable, what exactly were they expecting to find?

It was that thought that pervaded her mind throughout the rest of the briefing from Labyrinth. Once he was done and on to other things, Tehra was quiet for a long moment. She wasn't particularly sure what to say, and she wasn't the type to speak before thinking. This was an important mission, that should have been clear from the moment she'd opening Labyrinth's file to find essentially nothing. Funny how the being who knew everything allowed everyone to know nothing.

"Thank you for the information Labyrinth. I look forward to getting to work with you." Her first words were simple, and for a moment it seemed like they might be the only ones she'd say, but after a long pause she started again. Her expression was different this time- perhaps she was allowing a subtle crack to show through, a hint of the unsettling confusion within her.

"I'm sure you already know this, but we need to be prepared for anything. We don't know what we'll find there, we don't know what risks we're taking, or what was left behind when it imploded. If they were messing with viruses and bioweaponry, there could be dangers we can't even see. I hope for my sake and yours that the agency has provided you with the equipment and the know-how to handle any of the viruses we may encounter. I'm going to go make sure they are providing us with the proper clothing to keep us safe from any viruses that may have survived the implosion. Is there anything about me you need or would like to know before we meet up again at the jet?" She asked, looking up at the tall male before her.

((You can skip to the plane in your post or I can in my next one. Up to you))