View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-06-2016, 01:33 AM

It took a lot of control to keep himself still as the ship grew closer and closer. Gerard was ready for a battle, his hand twitched as he held the hilt of the sword in it. The call went up and hell was unleashed, but he held back a moment longer, letting the fray get well and truly going. Soon after he was leaping from the deck of their ship onto the floating treasure chest, belonging to none other than the king. His feet hit the deck and he was off, taking on any opponent willing to get into his way. A large amount of guards seemed to be circled around the steps that led into the hull of the ship. Oh, that must mean something good was hiding down there, and he wanted to find out.

As he approached a guard broke formation and he charged at him, sword clashing with sword. The familiar ache in his arm from a good fight reminded him of how much he had missed this. A well placed slash to his chest had him on the deck and the other guards on the ready to attempt to take him out. He wasn't fool enough to think he could take them all on at once, so he stood his ground as another approached. Slowly he would take them out and steal the King's riches. "We must protect her!" Came the voice of one of the guards. Had he heard correctly? Maybe they meant the ship. Yes, probably the ship.

---

Rose wasn't sure anything bad could happen, she hadn't heard of a ship sinking, not one of her father's ships, anyways. Why would anyone attack the King's ship? No, people loved her father. Perhaps her ladies maid was mistaken. But the shouts grew louder, steps pounding on the deck above her was not normal. At least she had her guards, who would surely keep her safe and sort out what must be a horrible misunderstanding. "I'm sure it will all be fine." It was easy enough for her to say so, she had been sheltered all her life and knew little about the dangers of the world.

"I wonder when the meal will come..." She murmured to herself, hoping the evening meal would not be delayed too much.