View Single Post
LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 06-08-2016, 05:18 PM

Clark looked back at her, almost with sympathy, as Rose talked about the small ball of fur that Gerard had kicked earlier. "Your highness, it's too late," he muttered, gesturing to the ship that already buckled halfway through the water. His ship already went underway, fast enough that the royal ship was only but a dot a few minutes after. "I'm sure we have enough clothes for you, and for your...Fancy, you named it?" He shuffled. "It'll just be a nuisance. Sorry if this ship doesn't compare to yours," he shrugged.

The food brought out to them was hot, steaming, and a lot better than what they've been eating the past few weeks. Motioning for Gerard to sit down, he started to dig in. "You better get some food in ya," he commented.

"I'll come with you," Ariel answered, without missing a beat. She cleared her throat and proceeded to help carry him towards wherever he wanted. This was to be her plan: to get close to whomever was in charge (or close to it anyway) and to ensure her safety that way. Maybe they could come across Indonesia on their travels, but that was just stretching to too far. At least she could probably sneak away to some port. That life would mean that she would have to be alone, and she was always under the care of someone from the higher class at least.

They were able to get across the plank, and Ariel could see the ship behind them sink at the corner of her eye. At least she didn't have much of her belongings to begin with, and there were other ways she could make clothes for herself if she needed to. She saw Rose in front of her, poorly treated for someone of her stature at least. She felt sudden fear and sadness hit her, and Ariel realized that Rose would do poorly in these situations. She was only but a child.

"Will you let me tend to her at least?" she said, gesturing to the poor princess in front of her. Rose looked like she was on the verge of tears.