View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-31-2013, 12:57 PM

Question: Am I allowed to do a cosplay item?
Answer: No, not at this time. We don't want to deal with copyright laws!

Question: Am I allowed to make a dress or skirt for this contest?
Answer: No, not at this time. We are looking for shirts and pants/shorts only!

Question: Will my item be put into the Newbie Emporium if I win?
Answer: If the quality is up to par, yes! That is the added incentive! However, this is NOT a guarantee! If the quality is not up to standard, we will ask you to either continue working on the item after the contest ends until it IS ready for the shop or it will not go in.

Question: Why hold this contest in the first place?
Answer: This is kind of personal. I answered the call to the pixel art needs about a year and a half ago. And let me tell you! I had NO idea what I was doing. You may or may not believe me! But I learned over the course of a year with the help of some users on here and I am still learn and growing. We all start somewhere! And we would LOVE to fill the Newbie Emporium shop up with items created by YOU, the users! So this contest is to promote the finishing of pixel items by the users and to help you learn how to work to Menewshan Standards!

Question: Why the theme of Autumn? I don't want to make an autumn themed clothing!
Answer: The theme is for direction! There are plenty of things that come with autumn! If you need help with inspiration - google autumn clothing or ask us for help!

Question: Where can I find the blank menewsha bases to use?
Answer: Here!!!

Question: What program should I use to create pixels?
Answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishie View Post
Some programs that you can use are:
MSpaint
GIMP (free to download and has a layering system)
Pain.net (Free to download and has a layering system)
Graphics Gale (Not sure what the features are on this one)
Photoshop

Last edited by Maria-Minamino; 09-02-2013 at 11:36 PM..