(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to kandii_k

Old 07-06-2010, 03:58 PM

‡Cupcake/Cake Entries‡
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintTheSkyRed View Post
(Cup)Cake
Your Name- PaintTheSkyRed
Ingrdients- For the cake & cupcakes: 2 cups cake flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup butter softened, 1 cup sugar, 6 large eggs room temperature, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 3/4 cup milk, & sprinkles
For Icing: 4 cups confectioners' sugar, 1 cup shortening, 2 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, & food coloring.
Recipe- Mix all the cake/cupcake ingrdients, place in wax cupcake cups, pop in oven at 350 degrees for 30 mins, decorate/ice the cupcakes and cake then enjoy.
Inspiration- Well I added the cards because it seems like out of a deck of cards, the Joker is the least popular. So this time the Joker was the big deal compared to all the Aces. And the Joker is having it's own festival with the Feast of Fools.
Entry Name- Joker's Holiday
Entry-

(It says July '10 on the cake.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
(Cup)Cake
Your Name: For-Chan Cookie
Ingredients: Boxed Cake mix and Marshmallow fondant.
Recipe: I'll spare you the boxed cake mix instructions >_>
Inspiration:The Feast of Fools and Menewsha was my inspiration. So we have Yumeh as a jester with a clown nose and A bunnyfish with a fortune cookie, thus making him a Fortune Fish! :D
Entry Name: Fun with Fondant
Entry:

I only did fondant on three of the cupcakes. It was my first time! I almost showed only two, but I thought I'd share my evolution from the top Yumeh Cupcake to the bottom one. Oh yeah, sorry about the cupcake pan. I stuck them in there to keep them still while I decorated and now I'm afraid to take them out! :gonk: Yumeh's eyeballs kept rolling away as it was :yumeh2:

‡Cookie Entries‡

Quote:
Thanks Lilith! :D Here's a cookie to admire as well. Now I can DIE x_X

Cookie
Your Name: For-Chan Cookie
Ingredients:A Boxed Sugar Cookie Mix and Marshmallow Fondant
Recipe: You really don't want to know.
Inspiration: My inspiration for this cookie was fortune telling. As I am a For-Chan Cookie, so I used a fortune cookie on my cookie!
Entry Name: Good Fortunes!
Entry:

*dies* I really had to push myself to do cookies on top of the cupcakes. This was painstaking work people! So this is the only one I made. Those letters. Oh those letters were murder. The straight ones are ok, it's the loopy O's and S's that killed me x_x The fondant was fun for that smooth clean look but I should have used frosting for the letters ;_;

‡Freestyle Entries‡

Quote:
Freestyle
Your Name - For-Chan Cookie
Ingredients -
1 cup cold water
1 cup cold milk
4 eggs
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ½ cups flour (scooped and leveled)
4 tablespoons melted butter

Toppings - Strawberry jam, cream cheese, raspberries, cherries, nutella, pecans, powdered sugar, apricot jam.

Recipe -
Put the liquids, eggs and salt into blender. Add the flour, then the butter. Cover and blend at top speed for 1 minute. If bits of flour adhere to sides of jar, dislodge with a rubber scraper and blend for 2 to 3 seconds more. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Set over moderately high heat until the pan is very hot. Immediately remove from heat and pour ¼ cup of batter into the middle of the pan. Quickly tilt the pan in all directions to run the batter all over the bottom of the pan in a thin film. Return the pan to heat for 60 to 80 seconds. Flip and brown lightly for about 30 seconds on the other side.

Put crepe on a plate and continue to make crepes until all of your batter is gone. Top with sweet topping of your choice.

Inspiration - I wanted to make something out of the ordinary, so I made some desserts that look like a main course! All of this food is made with crepes with sweet fillings.
Entry Name - Dinner for Dessert? A Feast Fit for Fools!
Entry - (Click on the thumbnails to see bigger pictures)
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Pizza - Made from a folded crepe with strawberry jam for the "sauce" and cream cheese as cheese. Fresh raspberry bits are trying to act like pepperoni.
Tortellini - This crepe tortellini is filled with nutella and chopped walnuts. The inside shot was too fuzzy to bother posting.

Pasta with Marinara and Meatballs - The pasta is made from long linguine-like strips of crepes with strawberry jam for sauce and dark red cherries as meatballs. There's a pinch of powdered sugar to look like parmesan.

Crab Rangoon with Duck Sauce - This Crepe Rangoon is filled with cream cheese and fresh raspberries with a side of apricot jam.

Now I wish I'd taken a shot of them all together. I ate each thing after I took the pictures >_>

----------

☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

Cupcake Contest Prizes

1.Halloween Set '09 & Robes of Healing
2.Robes of Healing & Egg Set
3.Jubilee Set & Cuppy Cake Clan

Cookie Constest Prizes

1.Return to Nature & Indra's Storm
2.Indra's Storm & Egg Set
3.Menewsha Cookie Collective & Purple Spotted Present

Freestyle Contest Prizes

1.Return to Nature & Egg Set & Jubillee Set
2.Jubilee Set & Egg Set & Holiday Tree
3.Jubilee Set & Festive Decorations

Finalist Prizes

1. July 2010 Set & Jubilee Set & Egg Set
2.Halloween Goodie Bag & Red, Lilac, Grey, and Deep Pink Egg
3.Festival Ribbon & Red, Lilac, Grey, and Deep Pink Egg

Last edited by kandii_k; 07-15-2010 at 07:05 PM..