View Single Post
serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 04-16-2013, 04:59 AM

Eh, Coco has been like this for awhile if I'm not mistaken and she's not even eating and barely doing anything/weigh anything. And my grandmother is 84, she really can't afford it. I know it sounds cold from me, a cat person. But, I have a cat with an illness that thankfully can be controlled and isn't terribly expensive like cancer treatment. Plus, I work and have enough money to afford his bills and his medication thankfully. I thank the Gods that I am able to provide the care he needs.
Yeah, I would at least have her tested, but it's ultimately my grandmother's decision and I like to think Coco and her have had the "conversations" involving the look from Coco that told her that it's time. Even though she is a few years younger than Elijah.

I do feel a little eh about it all because Elijah is older and I know in a few years we may have that exchange of looks where he gives me the look of "momma, I'm tired. It's time" and when that time would come, Mike does know it'll be very hard on me and I'm sure he knows he will be with me because I know I won't be able to drive myself home because I won't be able to see or think straight for awhile.

Oh I know, Mike and I know very well that whole thing with you have to be willing to take on the costs, heck my dad knows and follows this. Elijah's first set of insulin and needles- my dad paid for. Mike and I will pay for whatever we would be able to if our cats get sick and we have to do something, like Diabetes for example. That and because of Elijah, I have mentioned to Mike about looking into pet insurance as a just in case thing with our cats.