Thread: Flight
View Single Post
PhoenixNeko
When times are tough..... chuck the Axe at the dude trying to choke you with it.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:15 AM

I stood outside, because I heard her sobbing. It did not make any sense. If it was all a joke, then why should she be crying. The Gods know how much I care for Yuffie. But I still am unable to let myself get close. I have finally moved on from Lucrecia. But I can not let Yuffie go through the pain of being with me, if she really did care.

Out of worry for her, I make my way up the outside of Tifa's bar, to the roof. I was going to sit above her room, and punish myself for hurting her. However when I got there, I saw Yuffie sitting in her favorite spot. The one that looked towards Wutai. She always told me that she would never return to the land of her birth after how they treated her, but it is not hard to tell that she longs to return again.

Walking over to where she sat, by herself, I sat beside her. "Yuffie…" I am going to avoid looking her in the eyes. I can still see her reactions, but I don't think that I would be able to say what must be said, if I looked into her beautiful eyes.

She looked up, afraid for just a moment, before her ever present smile returned. "What Vince? Realized that I'm funny after all." She said the last as a statement. Just like Yuffie. If she was not herself, I would be worried. I have come to care for her to the point where if she was not even the slightest bit selfish, it would be as though she were not who I fell for… So I am gone.

I shook my head. "No. Make a stab at the emotions of Love, is not funny." I broke down and looked in her eyes. "It is a very sad thing. It shows that you have no respect for Love." I stood, preparing to leave her to think on what I just explained.

Of course that was before she grabbed my hand. She has a very strong grip. I had removed my gauntlet earlier today, and even through my leather gloves, I could feel the heat of her hand. I fought back the urge to find out if the rest of her was as warm as her hands were.

"Vinnie." She said, using the nickname she had given me after I had first joined the misfit band, known as Avalanche. "Sit and talk with me." No 'please', of course.

I sat back down. "What do you wish to talk about?" I was hoping that maybe she wanted to talk about some young man from Wutai that she missed. If she was in Love with someone else, that would make it easier for me to leave her alone.

"Do you still Love Lucrecia?" She had looked back towards the east. Towards Wutai.

I nodded, but for some unknown reason, felt that I should elaborate. "But not in the same way that I once did. If she were to somehow return, I would not go back to her. I have come to realize that what was done is done. I am still here, whether it is a blessing or a curse, so that I can live."