View Single Post
BlackSwan317
Mad Mae March

Old 04-07-2010, 06:55 AM

Lixi glanced after the young women when as she left. She had to admire her. The girl certainly head a zealous commitment to what she did. In the back of her mind she wished her well.

"I wish I knew..." she turned her head back toward the human who now invaded her personal space. There was a time when she'd have sent him flying across the room for touching her, even if it was in such a casual meaningless way, but anymore it was just nice to have contact with something else that wasn't a violent blow in anger. She smiled for a moment as she thought how nice it was to not feel like someone was moments away from killing her...

An all to familiar voice in the back of her head chimed in after her thought, uttering only the word "yet". The voice caused her to jump slightly, jerking her head up as though listening for more. This reaction surprised even Lixi, as she knew it would do nothing. He was probably still miles away, and she'd here him just as clearly with her head down as she would under water or standing right next to him... if he wanted her to. Still, she knew it was no coincidence that he chose now to reappear.

She settled back down and returned her attention to the human. Responding to the voice or arguing with him now would only make her seem more crazy.

"My kind have had our scwables with you over the years, but as I said, we can't really band together to plot against you. As far as a war goes, there has always been a rumor of those below rising again against those above, using the army of bitter angry human souls they've taken to fight for them. See up above, your kind stay for a bit after your time here is done, then eventually can choose to come back down here and try again. But those who choose to give themselves to the demons, they are different story. They get taken in, turned, twisted, corrupted. Eventually, what comes out is something that may as well be a low level demon itself." Lixi shuttered at the thought of her one glimpse through an open gate, at the hideous array of creatures there, waiting, wailing, gnashing out at the world. "Most of us, though bitter toward you, really can't even truly hate you. I don't understand how, or why, but true hatred has power that you wouldn't believe. Maybe it's the doing of the stranger. Perhaps hate is his creation? I don't know... all I know is that for my kind, it's a power so real and evident, that should we let ourselves be controlled by it, we, like the humans that become demon slaves, start to be twisted. It consumes us so completely that we loose any sense of mercy, and eventually loose the ability to control our human form. Even our body, spiritual and physical, begins to shift. It's been rumored that it was one of our kind that became the first vampire in this way, and another who was a different type of angel before the fall became the first were wolf, and a few other variations here and there, all by this twisting from the intoxication of the rage and hatred for your kind. I don't know how much truth there is behind this, it's all just hearsay and rumors blowing on the wind. I would have mentioned that before, but given your friends animosity towards vampires and the such, I really didn't want to make her hate me that much more by telling her it may have been my brethren that caused their existence. It's also said that the alleged viral nature of their condition is caused by the sheer toxicity of their animosity. Meaning, once they became what they are, they took wrath on the humans by cursing them with their tormented afflictions."