View Single Post
Mimiroppu
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Mimiroppu

Old 07-07-2010, 02:13 PM

I read the first one. If I get my hands on the rest, I'll read them. The first book had a lot of potential but it didn't come through for me. It was interesting enough to keep me from throwing it away, but it was boring and predictable enough that I just wanted to hurry up and finish it so I could move on. The characterization kills me, because they don't seem real. A lot of details about the characters bug me, too -- like how Bella could walk around Phoenix with a tanktop on and no sunscreen, be as pale as sour cream, and yet she doesn't wind up in the hospital with severe burns? I am extremely pale; the kind of translucent that she claims she is. I have to wear sunscreen just to leave the house and drive for a few minutes or I'll burn.

The way Bella treats people around her (especially her father) really rubs me the wrong way, too. The only way I can describe her is that she's a complete bitch. (That's how I see it.) Edward is extremely abusive, and the fact that Bella only likes him when he's being abusive is... so gross. She seems like she hates him with a burning passion if he -- God forbid -- tries to do anything nice for her.

My favorite character was Alice, even if I had trouble seeing her as something more than text in a book.