View Single Post
Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 07-12-2018, 12:54 AM

“Why?” Retorted Aym, some of his old sass coming back. He didn’t have the qualms Lairen did, and reached out his own hand to intertwine their fingers. He gave Lairen a wry grin, and shrugged. “It’s not your…” He fell quiet. It kinda was Lairen’s fault. But it was nothing the other angel had done, and if Aym shared that thought, it would weigh heavily on him. Aym rethought the words he’d been about to say. “There’s nothing you could have done. Really, it’s alright. I…I belong…like this. I didn’t belong there. You knew it. They all knew it.”

“Good is only part of an angel Lairen. You know the rules.” He finally brought his eyes up to meet Lairen’s. “You did and do know me better than anyone.” It was true. Aym was rather private with most. “And you will do what you’ve always done, Lairen…you’ll go back, and go along like you’ve always done.” What other choice did the angel have? Fall with him? No. There was no way Aym would let him go through that pain, or the changes he was going through. Lairen was far above him. He didn’t deserve any of that.

Lairen’s question was written on his face, but Aym didn’t have the heart to tell the angel the truth. “I broke a rule.” He stated simply, glancing away again. “Didn’t mean to. Didn’t even think about it. But, I did. And…I guess it was a big one. Story of my life, huh?” His feathers ruffled, and Aym gave a chuckle.

After Lairen finished speaking and paused, Aym gazed at him sadly for a long while. He sighed, and stepped closer, raising their hands between them. “I have a lot of trouble flying right now. But I should be able to soon enough. You can’t come here again. But…I’ll come there. Tell me a place, give me a time, and I’ll come and see you.” Aym didn’t mention how terrified he was. There was a good reason that the angels who had fallen and gotten to keep their wings hadn’t returned. They would be risking them each time. If he was caught sneaking back up, he would certainly lose them. “But.” Aym hesitated, and took a deep breath, before continuing. “But, during the time before I come…I want you to do what you’ve always done. And I want you to try and forget me, for your sake…alright?”