View Single Post
ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-08-2016, 06:23 PM

Looking at the boy talk about this doctor made Nyx smile; it would have been nice to have someone like that while she was there. "Perhaps we didn't have a doctor like that for a reason," she said as she looked toward Eleanor whom appeared to be giving the group a hard stare before turning and heading towards an empty part of the warehouse when her eyes locked with Nyx's. "Maybe having to create our own hope allows us to give hope to those that came after us," she said as she looked back to Melik wheh the other woman had gone. "I mean, for as cold as Eleanor can be, the others look up to her. There weren't many of us from the early testing that lived. I like to think that she is a symbol of hope and that they kind of see her as a guardian of sorts." The white haired woman then laughed as she crossed her arms under her small chest. "She hates it though, that everyone flocks to her, or at least that's what she says."

Nyx would go to the ends of the world for Eleanor for perhaps she was talking about herself, but she did look up to the solitary woman. As much as she pushed people away, she wouldn't scare any of them off; she had gone through more testing than many of the others but never talked about much of anything. Even the water woman had no idea what happened to Eleanor in or before the Facility, in fact, even her powers were a secret.

When Melik started talking about what he could remember from his own past, the German-accented woman looked at him, imagining what it must have been like. A solider was something impressive and their leader seemed to really put their lives at great importance to not just throw numbers like that. The scientists were different; they threw people at experiments until it worked, they didn't care about the losses.

With a small grin on her face, Nyx's gaze fell sheepishly to the floor. "I was looking for my father," she said, her voice nearly quiet. "I've never met him and the only reason I remember that was what I was doing was because of a pendant I had from him. It was a dragon pendant and the dragon held a beautiful blue stone that looked like water was trapped inside. I had it ever sense I could remember, my mother telling me what it really was before I left home." There was a pause as the woman bit her lip, fighting back any feeling of tears that she had. "When I was taken to the facility, I woke up and it was gone. They took it, though they denied it. Even when I left, they wouldn't return it."

She then shook her head before looking back to the male. "Getting that pendant back was what I thought about everyday and still do."

Melik's confident mood pulled the woman from her semi-depressed state and she shook her head slowly. "We may have been created to be super soldiers, but I highly doubt anyone here actually wants to kill. Some of us may be down, the newer ones mostly, but once they learn that they aren't going back, they'll open up." She then laughed, planting a hand on the male's head, ruffling his hair. "I wouldn't recommend feeing into the idea of 'purging our enemies on the battlefield', we could end up in a worse place than the facility at that rate."