View Single Post
Cora
Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-13-2015, 02:15 PM

Friday 5/8/2015- Oh my goodness was this day filled with adventure and fun. In the morning we headed to the 9/11 memorial museum, which had been one of those things that was planned from the very get go. We stood in line to get inside, get to the doors, the woman scanned are tickets and ba da dum, we are denied entry. Apparently dopey me ordered the tickets for 5/5 instead of 5/8 and they had expired. Not going to lie, I was definitely more then a little upset with myself over this.

Still, we spent the morning walking around the parts of the memorial that you don't need tickets to see. Each of the original tower locations has since that point been turned into giant 30 foot waterfalls that span the area where the building was. Around the outside of the waterfalls are these plaques with all the names of the victims, it was really neat and super heartbreaking all at the same time. I was really glad I got to at least see this. Prior to, my last trip to NY had been the year it happened. At that time the twin tower location was just a pile of rubble.

From there we went to see the two famous Churches (Trinity Church and I can't remember the name of the other one but its the one that George Washington had gone to or something like that) and had seen the tree. The story of the tree and the church where very harrowing, I felt a little blessed to be able to see them and experience this in person. Definitely a cool thing.

We stopped at this giant department store which sold many designer things at discount prices. Three whole floors of womens clothing! It was very enjoyable walking around the store looking at the many different things. We walked the entirety of the womens clothing, walked over to the lingerie, and then went all the way back down to look at the purses. I ended up leaving with a new Hat, and I think Ziggles bought a new shirt for her sister. It was an enjoyable way to spend a few hours.

At this point we took a break for lunch. We went to this really cool Ramen place. I had to try the Ramen burger because, well, its a totally new and exciting thing to try. I went with the chicken ramen burger, but I digress. I'll have to admit, this was a little weird to me at first. Totally amazing tasting but the concept is really unique and new. I liked it quite a bit, and the chips were really good too. I ended up eating too much this day, my stomach hurt for a little bit, but not too too terribly.

Then of course we walked up Wall street. Not a whole lot to say about wall street itself of course, but it was definitely interesting to see all the places that where so easily recognizable from television and movies. I ended up taking a few pictures here as well. I even took a picture of the NYPD, which is dorky perhaps, but what can I say, I'm a dork.

We considered taking the Ikea ferry, but decided against this when we found out it wasn't free. That's ok though, because we ended up taking the Staten Island Ferry instead which was not too far away. While waiting for the staten island ferry there was a street act playing a barbershop quartet which was actually quite good. So that was a neat thing to sit and listen to. We were on the wrong side of the ferry to see the statue of liberty on the way there, but it was definitely nice to see her on the way back. There was a 30 minute wait between the ferry there and the ferry back so we got to sit and watch the city scape which was beautiful.

From here we went back to her apartment, sat down and ate the Macaroons we had bought at a little boutique in town, and then went back out to go grocery shopping. The rest of the evening was spent cooking(sage chicken) and chatting until the two of us just couldn't keep our eyes open anymore. Overall this day was a supertastic day full of fun!

Daily Challenge- Going on an adventure- what a perfect day for this to fall. This whole day was an adventure through NYC. Full of exciteing things to discover and see!