View Single Post
Sarahbelle
Rip Van Winkle

Old 08-05-2015, 06:02 PM

My biggest pet peeve is actually concerning romance, too. I love playing romance, but it is absolutely no fun if there is no tension and drama involved. Do I want that in real life? No. But I want it in roleplay because it is entertaining and helps keep things moving along. So what annoys me is when people do the sudden "love at first sight!" thing, which is fine in itself, but then also go on to have things go smoothly and perfectly fine. It's like... what was even the point of that?!

I once was rping in a group where a guy's character relationship fell apart with one of my female characters, so he decided to chase after someone else's girl. Sure, fine, that's normal behavior. But then these two upon meeting suddenly decide they are soulmates and join life-forces or something nutty like that so that she can never ever leave him. Now, that could be the start of something really cool if she were to discover what a jerk he really was, and then try to leave him and all the magical or supernatural issues that might come along with trying to break that bond. But no. All sunshine and rainbows and kittens after that. What exactly was the point? Yick. Eh, to each his own, I suppose.