Thread: CLOSED
View Single Post
Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-12-2015, 07:13 AM

Nope. From the day I found out and told him, until about a week ago, didn't even talk to me. And now he's not wanting anything to do with me or our son. Yet is throwing a fit because I'm giving him my last name instead of his...anyways yeah. If he had been totally civil from the beginning and all that jazz I was willing to work with him and everything. Seeing as how he lives 3 hours from me, works 4 weeks on an oil rig, back for 2 weeks AND currently doesn't have a car because he wrecked his and since he isn't home for most of the year anyways, just borrows his dads when he's home. I was going to request he pay child support, because it's the right thing to do, but I wasn't going to make him pay the amount that the courts are going to make him pay. They base it off of the income and since he just got a raise last year and is making about 75-80,000 a year the courts are going to drill some money out of him. I know that making 20,000 a year usually they make you pay between 275-350 a month. I don't necessarily want all that money, just enough to help cover expenses ya know? But he wants to be a dick and play this game. Gotcha. THEN come to find out a couple weeks ago from his mom *who I took the liberty of telling his mom and dad they would be grand parents* they were like "yeah he already made us a grandparent like 7-8 years ago. knocked up some girl while yall were in high school. Of course we kept it hush hush. - he hasn't seen the kid since right after it was born, pays child support religiously and currently lives int he same city and still doesn't give two shits. What kinda kills me about this is the fact that I've known him longer than he's had his other kid and as much as I knew about him NOBODY every told me about him having a kid. They kept it super hush hush, even paid the child support for him until he turned 18. Then the really sad part is his parents - who I thought the world of - don't give a rats ass about the other kid, or mine because it was "born out of wedlock and really doesn't matter anyways" So yeah. For my sons sake I hope I can talk him into just signing over all his rights period *which means he then wont have to pay any financial support - unless the court still orders him to do so, which usually doesn't happen* and then I don't have to jump through hoops anytime I want to do something...there's a lot bigger story to all this...but yeah.