View Single Post
numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-11-2016, 02:53 PM

Leanna was bound and determined to go with Miss Bronte to see Dr. Smythe, for several reasons. First of all, she was worried about Miss Bronte, and felt a little guilty about her injury. If she hadn’t agreed to the race, perhaps Miss Bronte would have been more careful coming down the stairs. Secondly, she wanted to make sure the Doctor’s bill went to her Papa, not Miss Bronte. Doctor’s bills could be expensive, and she was sure her Papa could afford it. Thirdly, it was an excuse to go to town. Leanna rarely left the estate, and she was not about to let an opportunity to do so pass her by. Thus, once Miss Bronte was safely in the carriage, Leanna climbed in after her, before anyone could object.

“Leanna...” Mrs. Browne said, and Leanna could tell be her tone that an objection was forthcoming.

“Miss Bronte will need to be introduced to Doctor Smythe. Besides, I thought one of the main reasons for Miss Bronte coming was that you had other duties besides watching me. If I go with Miss Bronte, I won’t be in the way.”
Leanna spoke quickly, before Mrs. Bronte could actually say she shouldn’t go.

Mrs. Browne frowned for a moment, then sighed. “I suppose you’re right, but perhaps you should ask Miss Bronte is she feels up to watching you, with her injury.”

Leanna turned to Miss Bronte with a pleading expression. “Do you mind if I come with you? I promise I’ll be on my best behavior.”