View Single Post
Aria Raye
Mystics Guide

Old 10-13-2009, 09:25 PM

Do I personally dream of writing a book someday? Absolutely. I've started dozens of them. some have gotten further than others, but I am working towards that goal. Right now, like many others in the world these days, 'm just not set up finacially enough to be able to devote more time to writing or learning how to write successfully than I already have.

Being young doesn't really help that much either...yes, yes, writing is about having an active and creative imagination, but it's also partially about research and experience...how can you honestly write about something you've never witnessed or felt for yourself? no matter how much you may study the subject through books? Yes, a book or thirty could tell you how a sword is supposed to look and feel as its swung or it connects with something, but really? that's just one (or several) Author's opinion and interpretation on how that looks and feels. Even if you're never truly good at the act, shouldn't you at least try what you want your main characters to be able to do so that you can write with conviction how much your muscles are going to hurt or how great it is when you perform a move properly?

....ok...I think I'm done ranting now....

To answer the question. Yes, I dream of being a published author all the time...but whether I become famous by it or not, I'll publish under an alias....its one thing to see the rich in famous being plagued by reporters and such its another to live it...and I think I'll do future authors more good being able to go out on sites like this and others and offer some advice without the world knowing my name. :D