View Single Post
King of Bedlam
Fame = Demise
Send a message via MSN to King of Bedlam Send a message via Yahoo to King of Bedlam

Old 06-27-2011, 02:23 AM

Robert looked at her for a while, still keeping the gleeful appearance upon his face. As she finished her thoughtful statement, he could not help but laugh a bit to himself. It was no insult to her, simply a thought that he had due to her words. "Without dreamers in this world, some of our best ideas would have never been thought up. It is the daydreamers like me who transcend thought with the truly inspirational ideas of our time.... If we truly due anything in relation to those thoughts is a matter of personal inspiration.... Some of us are painfully lazy you see." Soon after that, he would pick up his phone, noting a call he had missed in his ramblings. "Let me call them back, give me a moment."

He spun around on his chair and put the phone to his ear, calling back the woman. "Hey there... What did you call me for?" He paused for a moment, listening to her words a bit before his expression went to confusion. "Why?... Well... Alright." He reached for a device in a backpack that was on the floor below him, a small handheld television in his hands so he could find out what all of the fuss was about. He turned to the nearest news channel, Channel 5 news.

The story was on every news channel by now, a story referring to the downtown explosion of the underground railway system. It seems that there was a terrorist action performed not too long ago. He had been away from the television, so this was news to him. He listened, allowing her to watch if she had any interest as well.

"... 10:30 this morning, a bomb was detonated in the underground subway in the downtown area. According to original information gathered at the explosion site, it is a possible terrorist attack. But as new information continues to put put out to the public, that remains in question. The explosion was much larger than any homemade or foreign detonation size, it is believed that the bomb was a prototype, but as of right now, no information on the actual charge was found at the site, so as of right now, predictions of what type of explosive charge are unknown."

Robert stared at the television for a moment, looking wary as he noted that he needed to take the subway to get home. He cursed to himself, shaking his head as he turned down the volume on the television. Essentially its just going to repeat the same information for the next 20 minutes, that is how reliable the news is. He will keep an eye on it for any new developments though, that was generally interesting. "Well... There goes my week."