View Single Post
King of Bedlam
Fame = Demise
Send a message via MSN to King of Bedlam Send a message via Yahoo to King of Bedlam

Old 07-14-2011, 04:16 AM

[sorry about the delay, I've been busy. And I'm guessing that response is an agreement. Let's get this show on the road.]

Rob watched as she walked into the movie theater, not caring much for the change in temperature. He always enjoyed cold weather much more compared to warm weather. He was always uncomfortable around temperatures higher than 70 and preferred it to be around 40. As she mentioned that she was short on cash, he smiled toward her and returned a response. "You can have all of the soda for yourself... I never get anything more than popcorn when I'm at the movie theater... They jack up their prices to an annoying point. That is just me though." He looked at the popcorn, finding himself wanting some already. With that in mind, he reached for the popcorn and removed one piece, popping it into his mouth and smiling, "So... Shall we?" This was when he noticed something odd in her behavior. She backed away into the darker part of the hallway, creating some distance between the two. It was as if she was trying to hide something, but Rob decided it was not worth thinking about.

Instead, he would continue to follow her into the movie theater that contained the movie that interested them. He eyeballed his ticket for a moment, looking back up at Rue and once again asking her a question. "So, what movies do you normally watch?" He asked with curiosity.

Meanwhile, far across the city on the other side, something was stirring amongst the people. They were all gathering around the crater that had formed in one of the side streets, observing every little detail of mangled street that once acted as a proud accomplishment of human creation. A small, yellow strip of tape separated the curious populace from stepping into a potential danger zone. The inside of the crate contained an investigation team, mostly a bomb investigation squad. However, their research came up empty handed, it was a strange situation indeed. This was when one of the members of the team spoke up. "Hey boss! I found something you might want to see!" One of the older men turned toward the noise, seeing as the police man waving toward him. He walked slowly over the rubble, not wanting to trip over anything and cause any damage to himself. "What did you find?" The first obvious question to come out of his mouth.

"Its... Some sort of metal box." The two of them looked at the thing, more of the investigation team walking over to look at the strange object. It was like a lunchbox, only strangely designed. It had no way to open it... It was thick and tightly sealed. Otherwise it looked like any old rusty box. "So what? This could belong to anybody. Why did you call me for this?" The man reached down to touch it, attempting to open it. It wouldn't budge. "So... Its rusted shut?" The police man looked back to the lead investigator, "Yeah... But this box somehow stayed intact despite the explosion, and it was found around the area where the explosion was focused. I just find the fact that it wasn't obliterated somewhat confusing." The lead investigator turned around and shook his head, "Its nothing that can lead us to what happened. It looks like any old, rusty, metal box that was in a convenient spot to survive the blast. Leave it alone." After this, the investigation team went back to their work, moving the box onto the street if anyone tried to claim it.

But nobody did, and the investigation was getting nowhere slowly. It was then that one of the police men noticed something, the box was now open and completely empty. Thinking nothing of it... He continued with the investigation. This would all continue until the man from the cloak from before would suddenly appear at the edge of the crowd. He was out of thin air and quickly began to move forward. As soon as he made contact with the crowd, he would push through, being entirely rude to the people around him. The commotion was quickly discovered, one of the men guarding any intruders speaking up. "Hey! What are you doing?" There was no response from the other man, his eyes lifeless as he stared directly at the cop. "Did you hear me, I said what are you..." The cop suddenly stopped as he broke through the yellow crime scene tape. The authority figure was quick to react, reaching to restrain him. The man wearing the heavy coat would not see any of it, his fist striking the cop instantly, bringing him down. It didn't take long for the others to notice. The other cops would pull out their tasers, pointing them toward him to ward him away. Within moments two barbs would shoot out toward him, attempting to strike him through the coat, but finding no luck due to the thickness. Finally after a second shot by another cop, he sent another two barbs toward him, hitting a target at his face. A loud, pained groan came forth from him as he fell face first to the ground. His target was made evident at this as he was close to the lunchbox, the two policemen guarding the scene quickly swarming the man. They would demand him to put his hands behind his back, yelling out the command to the seemingly deaf individual. Meanwhile, his right hand reached toward the now open box, reaching into it and gripping something on the inside. His part was done.

Let the games begin...

His entire body shook at first, a jolt of electricity flowing through his body as he instantly died from contact. The police men watched him as he twitched for a moment. Shortly after this one of the officers felt his hand fall through the flesh of this unknown individual. He was no longer whole, a great screeching noise erupting from the location. Everyone was frightened and confused as the man upon the ground exploded where he stood, his blood and bones floating in a limbo and flying upward to turn into something of a rest mist. The policemen would instantly collapse, the mist reaching out to just before the people. The curious people allowed their curiosity to get the best of them, the box no longer there as the mist would suddenly compress to reveal another person.

This person was no regular human, it was a man sitting in a floating chair, his face covered by a mask. The mask was shaped like something of a demon, horns coming forth from his head, the bottom half of his face was uncovered save for something that appeared to be bandages. The entirety of the mask was red, and as he reached out toward the crowd he spoke something in perfect English. "I will continue my reign of domination against you brother. This game will be just like the last... With me standing atop the scorched earth with an aura of dominance. But first thing is first... I must show these people my power." Twisting his arm so his palm was facing toward the ground, he floated himself several feet into the air and released another cloud of blood mist from his hand. The mist quickly reformed itself into a man with a long, curved blade. He was nothing more than a skinny, pale human wearing odd clothing to the people around them, but they were about to understand the reason that there was to fear him. "Lord Mitsuhide. Show them how to experience true fear." The man known as Mitsuhide had no verbal response, but instead reached for his blade. With a flash of silver and red the crowd screamed out loud as this fear was made known to them.