Thread: Say I Do, Alibi
View Single Post
Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 08-29-2017, 02:39 AM

"Good. Good. That's great, I'll meet you than." He replied inwardly swearing as he turned the counterfeit machine on so that the book could start binding as he ran to grab his jacket for the nights chill and his umbrella club for defense. He could hear her already walking which meant that she could already be well ahead of him, or just outside the bar. "I'll be there in fifteen than." He listened to her last comment and was about to respond when she clearly cut the call by the lack of the sound of her feet against the pavement.

One handed he began to transfer securities over to his phone as he shoved first one arm than the other into his jacket sleeves. Than grabbing a shoulder bag he ran back to the counterfeit machine and impatiently waited for the binding to finish sealing. Yanking it out and shoving it in his bag as soon as it and finished the quick cooling process. Than sprinted out the door locking his apartment behind him and rushing out the front door. He pushed through the gate and listened to it click behind him as he started speed walking down the street towards the park. Hopefully she had been right by the bar when she called, otherwise he'd be cutting it really close with the fact he'd had to wait for the book to finish.

A few minutes later he breathed heavily leaning against a tree at the entrance to the park with a slight stitch in his side. He's started jobbing slightly to make sure he didn't get there late. Catching his breath he started jogging again to get to the bridge as soon as possible. Just before he got to the walkway he slowed down to a walk and blinked. 'Why in the world am I worried about getting to this meeting at the exact time she wants me to be here?'